Medical Billing Clerk
Company: Triangle Area Network Inc
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $15 - $20 DOEThe Medical Billing Clerk is
responsible for overseeing day to day duties of the Medical Billing
Department for all service provided through TAN Healthcare. This
sometimes involves working with patients to collect payment on
outstanding medical bills, answering patient questions regarding
repayment methods and billing disputes, as well as work with all
insurance companies including, but not limited to Medicare and
Medicaid to collect contractual reimbursement on medical claims.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Verify accurate data entry for patient demographics, SOGI and
direct discrepancies to the appropriate Eligibility and Insurance
- Maintain current knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of insurance guidelines, Medicare
and Medicaid regulations.
- Prepare and submit claims – Electronic HCFA/UB and Paper
- Post and process insurance payments as well as contractual
adjustments, as needed.
- Work denials
- Prepare, review for accuracy and mail monthly patient
- Prepare monthly reports for Finance and the Board of Directors
- Process/reconcile patient copays weekly
- Coordinate with Billing Operations Manager to maintain
insurance contracts for In Network facility and provider
- Protect facility reputation by maintaining confidentiality of
client financial information
- Any other duties as assigned Minimum Education, Qualifications
and Experience:High School diploma or GED is required. Must have
strong working knowledge of Microsoft software as well as
Windows-based computers and software. Certification in billing and
coding preferred. 2 or more years of billing experience required,
however, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) strongly
preferred. eClinicalWorks knowledge preferred. Triangle Area
Network, Inc has the right to modify the duties and functions of
the job description based on the needs of the organization. This
job description will be reviewed and updated, if necessary, at the
employee's annual review. My job description has been explained to
me by my supervisor, I have been able to ask questions as needed,
and I understand the contents as described above. I have received a
copy of my job description for my records.
Keywords: Triangle Area Network Inc, Beaumont , Medical Billing Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!