Posted on: June 14, 2022
**WHO ARE WE?**
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Finance and Accounting
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a
nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries
for this role across the country. The actual salary for this
position will be determined by a number of factors, including the
scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education,
training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other
conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation
and benefits program, employees are also eligible for
performance-based cash incentive awards.
$59,400.00 - $97,900.00
**WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?**
Under moderate supervision, the Tax Specialist performs moderately
complex professional tax functions within Corporate Tax. Prepares
and compiles reasonably complex tax provisions and filings, and
performs related tax research. This position does not manage
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
**WHAT WILL YOU DO?**
- Responsible for the preparation, compilation and processing of
moderately complex tax returns, supporting schedules, forms and
- Analyze and maintain tax records and perform account
- Assist on special projects and in the maintenance of various tax
- Contribute to analysis of tax provisions, business changes and
corporate restructuring. This includes making recommendations and
performing moderately complex research and related assignments.
- Utilize appropriate tools to obtain data necessary to support tax
calculations, tax payments and related journal entries.
- Responsibilities may include extracting and analyzing data from
internal systems, Statutory Annual Statement, and other financial
- Assist on tax audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
**WHAT WILL OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAVE?**
- A Bachelors' degree in accounting or finance.
- Basic knowledge of tax concepts.
- Basic knowledge of computer application software, particularly
- Intermediate time management skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
**WHAT IS A MUST HAVE?**
- A minimum of three years of relevant corporate tax experience or
a minimum of two years of public accounting tax experience.
**WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?**
- HEALTH INSURANCE: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- RETIREMENT: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- PAID TIME OFF: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- WELLNESS PROGRAM: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of
tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- VOLUNTEER ENCOURAGEMENT: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Beaumont , Tax Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!