Administrative Assistant - Port Arthur, TX
Company: SGS North America
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Company Description SGS is the world's leading inspection,
verification, testing, and certification company. SGS is recognized
as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than
89,000 employees SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world. Job Description SUMMARYResponsible
for directly assisting the Manager with administrative assistance
in support of the organization's core functions and processes
through collaboration, documentation, follow-up and preparation of
correspondence / reports.JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare, investigate and code all invoices related to the
administration of the Branch, Department or Division.
- Collect and prepare all time and expense forms for the Regional
- Monitor and maintain office supply accounts and
- Ensures office equipment and machines are maintained.
- Maintain attendance recordkeeping and OSHA log.
- Assist in scheduling and preparing for meetings, travel, and
- Compiles, assimilates and prepares documents/reports or other
materials as required.
- Maintain department files, records and related databases.
- Participates in and coordinates special project assignments as
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and
Professional ConductQualifications EDUCATION AND
- High School/GED
- Minimum two (2) years of experience (provide further detail as
- OR equivalent combination of education and experiencePreferred:
- Associate Degree in Office Procedures.
- 3 years of experience in office clerical duties (provide
further detail as necessary).LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONSComputer
skills (Microsoft Courses).KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Language Skills: English
- Mathematical Skills: Basic or intermediate preferred
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate to Advanced level
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel/Oracle preferred.
- Driving skills: preferred for performing other dutiesTRAVEL
- No travel required.
- Regular post office runs and/or pick up as neededEQUIPMENTThis
job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and
phones.Additional Information SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by
law.Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required.This job description should not be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements,
but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein
restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.If you are applying for a
position within the United States and you have difficulty
completing the on-line employment application because of a
disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You
will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for
general employment information, but is only for individuals who are
experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a
disabilityAll your information will be kept confidential according
to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: SGS North America, Beaumont , Administrative Assistant - Port Arthur, TX, Administration, Clerical , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!