Electrical Reliability Engineer
Company: Indorama Ventures
Location: Port Neches
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Job Description :Indorama Integrated Oxides & Derivatives is
looking for an experienced Electrical Reliability Engineer to join
our team in Port Neches, Texas. In this role, you will help develop
and steward reliability systems and processes that will improve the
sites overall electrical equipment reliability. This role is
expected to influence the culture of the site to design, operate,
and maintain site electrical assets with a reliability focus, and
to provide the site with tools and systems to allow continuous
reliability improvement.What will be expected from you?
- Contribute to the RCM strategy development for electrical
equipment and stewards the implementation of the strategies.
- Maintain/update the sites Asset Management Plans based on
equipment failures, process changes and Preventative Maintenance
- Provide PM development primarily through the RCM process.
- Own and steward site predictive maintenance program for
- Gatekeeper for new or modified PM's through the PM request and
- Steward, audit, and improve electrical equipment PM programs to
ensure the health and effectiveness of the systems.
- Provide risk-based prioritization support for T&I
(turnaround) work scope development.
- Responsible for the investigation and follow-up documentation
of high impact or high potential impact incidents involving
- Provide reliability support and consultation for problem
analysis, risk assessment, root cause analysis, etc. for very
critical equipment failures where the failure root cause is not
well understood or there are multiple options for resolution
without a clear leading option.
- Support the identification and improvement of electrical
equipment bad actors. Help to identify the sites bad actors based
on a predefined combination of production loss and failure
frequency. Drive the organization to find true root cause and
effective mitigations to systematically eliminate bad actors.
- Perform design for reliability reviews for capital projects
involving electrical equipment and apply reliability systems
(criticality assessment, RCM, spare parts, etc.) to relevant
- Evaluate maintenance or capital project alternatives based on
economic/risk analysis and life cycle cost analysis.
- Provide capital investment and expense project ideas based on
reliability analysis and feedback from operations and other site
- Provide early input on project maintainability and reliability
considerations to ensure major scope is not missed during project
- Develop risk-based improvement plans for electrical
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a
regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If
applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure
required staffing capacity to meet daily production
- Work collaboratively with team members with different
backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Indorama company
goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be
assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as
set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company
required training programs.What are we looking for in the ideal
- Bachelors degree in Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years relevant engineering experience in a
petrochemical or refining facility required.
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and
- Knowledge of risk-based work prioritization methodology.
- Knowledge of economic evaluation methods (Life-Cycle Cost
Analysis, NPV, Benefit/Cost).
- Knowledge in Reliability Centered Maintenance or some form of
Asset Management Plan Development is desired.
- Prior experience in I/E Project Engineering and/or I/E
Maintenance Engineering is desired.
- SAP experience desired.What can we offer you?Indorama Ventures
Oxides & Derivatives is a leading chemical intermediates and
surfactants producer with a diverse range of products in growth
markets such as home & personal care, agrochemicals, oilfield
technologies, fuel & lube additives and more. The successful
candidate will receive a competitive compensation and will be
eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which
includes: medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance,
AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make
a difference. Come join us!Additional Locations:
Keywords: Indorama Ventures, Beaumont , Electrical Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Port Neches, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!