Senior controls Engineer
Company: NES Fircroft
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Job Title: Senior Controls Engineer Job Type: Permanent,
Full-Time Location: Beaumont, Texas JOB SUMMARY / OVERVIEW The
Senior Controls Engineer primarily applies principles, knowledge,
and practices of process engineering for timely identification,
analysis, and resolution of process related issues to ensure safe,
reliable, and cost- efficient plant operations. Utilize current and
new industry developments to improve plant performance and
reliability, which includes initiating and developing plant
improvement modifications/projects. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions and
- Develop and implement appropriate plant/process monitoring and
- PID loop tuning, modifying control algorithm based on process
- Develop new Basic and advanced process control schemes to
support operation, production, and product quality
- Automation of reports and other operations
- Develop and generate relevant management production and
consumption reports - daily, monthly, etc.
- Carry out and review Control Equipment Performance Evaluations,
KPIs, decide and make recommendations to the Plant Team and
Management based on these evaluations.
- Live up to the key values of the Organization and act
accordingly during the whole life cycle of our human assets.
- Always present a professional image to co-workers, clients and
vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the
- Be aware of and comply with Human Resources policies and
- Actively seek and pursue development of skills needed to
progress in the field of engineering and
- Support and promote a pro-active HSSE culture within the
Organization and develop leadership skills in HSSE.
- Monitor and improve effective HSSE management.
- Ensure all HSSE systems and procedures are adhered to.
- Perform compliance audits on SIS systems, as required, and take
appropriate action to correct non-compliance and reinforce positive
- Provide engineering support to the Operations Team in the
development of guidelines to ensure plants and equipment are
operated in a manner that poses no threat to the environment.
- Participate in PHA as the controls SME.
- Monitor and improve effective Incident Management
- Ensure all incidents are promptly reported, participate in
investigations as necessary and complete assigned tasks within the
- Monitor and improve effective Asset Management.
- Provide engineering support to the Operations Team in the
development and routine review of guidelines and procedures to
ensure Plant and equipment are operated within design limits.
- Provide engineering support to assess abnormal Plant conditions
and develop guidelines to mitigate and manage these
- Collaborate with the E&I group to troubleshoot & address
- Provide process controls engineering assistance/support to the
Operations Team as required.
- Provide evaluations on assigned and self-initiated tasks
(identifying, analyzing, and recommending actions to address
abnormal and less efficient plant parameters).
- Participate in and at times lead incident investigation teams
for troubleshooting and determining root cause of plant
- Review and recommend changes to the plant "cause and effect
matrix" to improve plant reliability and protect plant assets.
- Develop plant modifications for projects within all degrees of
- Understand and comply with the Management of Change (MOC)
- Participate in and lead at times the --- What Ifs' and HAZOP
- Apply basic project management skills - cost, schedule
- Be up to date with and apply state of the art
developments/technologies applicable to the methanol industry, as
- Provide necessary process controls support to guide the timing
of plant shutdowns and turnarounds.
- Provide process controls expertise on plant shutdown and
turnaround activities - planning and execution phases.
- Identify projects, supported with written justification, for
inclusion in capital expenditure budgets.
- Work with contractors and outside vendors/suppliers for
developing project concepts, quoting, developing scope of work and
cost justifications regarding projects.
- Develop special procedures that involve process controls
knowledge, e.g., alarm management, control philosophy
- Develop control logics for BPCS and Safety systems (Algorithm,
guidance on how to implement)
- Support implementation of BPCS and Safety logics in Yokogawa
Centum VP and Prosafe RS
- Commissioning of new subsystem and integration with Yokogawa
UGS via Modbus
- Commissioning of new process modifications systems
- Support operation and engineering team in troubleshooting
- Process Optimization
- Support full compliance to HSSE related legislation &
regulations, corporate requirements, and management system(s)
(i.e., operating policies and procedures).
- Assist other Departments and other administrative personnel, as
- Perform other tasks as assigned. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR
- Bachelor's Degree in Instrumentations Engineering
- Minimum of Eight (8) years' experience in Controls Engineering
- Extensive Yokogawa system knowledge preferred. KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Engineering and Technology --- Knowledge of the practical
application of engineering science and technology. This includes
applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the
design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing --- Knowledge of raw materials,
production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques
for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of
- Complex Problem Solving --- identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
- Critical Thinking --- using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or
approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making --- Considering the relative costs
and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Systems Evaluation --- Identifying measures or indicators of
system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct
performance, relative to the goals of the system. SOFTWARE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and
- Centum VP
- Prosafe RS
- Exaquantum PIMS ENVIRONMENTAL
- The majority of work is performed within an office environment,
including office equipment - such as computers, telephones, and
- Requires passing by industrial equipment on the way to the
- Noise levels are typically moderate.
- May require exposure to field. WORK SCHEDULE
- Regular 40-hour workweek, normal duty hours as assigned.
- May work longer hours to meet deadlines, as necessary. With
over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to
be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the
Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences,
Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than
100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients
with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever
and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a
traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from
securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading
benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and
compliantly able to support our clients.
Keywords: NES Fircroft, Beaumont , Senior controls Engineer, Engineering , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...