Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
About the Position
The Electrical Engineer will assist & lead to ensure equipment
complies with all safety, environmental & other regulatory
compliances. Track engineering expense & capital budgeting
compliance. Assist to ensure the proper design, installation,
modification & maintainability of new & existing plant equipment,
buildings & facilities. Assist engineering & maintenance to provide
the necessary support to the production organization in order to
promote the production of the highest quality product at the lowest
- Perform activities involving continuous improvement tools,
analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions &
facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product
costs. These duties would include assisting in training &
instruction of appropriate team members & day-to-day floor
- Assist in identification of unacceptable performance through
analysis & acquired technical knowledge of the product & process
including waste & cost reduction.
- Assist in & learn process for prepare cost estimates,
financially justifying projects, prepare budgets, review design,
supervise installation & commissioning. Assists in research of new
equipment, systems & processes to advance plant operations.
- Gain understanding & assist to ensure safety, environmental &
other regulatory compliances by working with appropriate associates
on EHS issues, following the implementation of MSR's & continually
improving the communication across all relevant departments.
- Participate in contractor management process & periodically
audit contractor's work to ensure that safe work practices &
standard operating procedures are followed.
Education and Requirements
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Preferred, MS in Electrical Engineering.
- 4 years' experience working with multi-disciplinary engineering
& maintenance associates to achieve cost effective goals.
- Equipment design experience & project engineering or plant
management is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use appropriate computer-based technology, interpret
& create technical CAD drawings & schematics.
- Ability to understand electrical or mechanical diagrams.
- Ability to program & debug programming languages & understand &
troubleshoot machine problems.
- Some knowledge in design electrical control systems.
- Ability to understand & design modern safety control
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Beaumont , Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!