Process Safety Engineer Job
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Req Id 30269 - Posted 10/30/2018 - Engineering & Technology - Beaumont. Texas. US
This position reports directly to the Technology Manager. The Process Safety Engineer requires direct interaction with other departmental managers, staff positions and Corporate technical and safety functional resources to exchange information and ideas directly related to the success of the Beaumont plant. This role serves as the technical lead for process safety and serves as primary source for process safety program for the Beaumont site.
Support of operations by ensuring optimal process enhancements for the Beaumont Plant.
Responsible for the training of operations personnel and other staff in technical issues as it relates to process safety.
This role provides technical support for safety/environmental related regulatory requirements including: OSHA, PSM, RMP, and company policies and programs (AIMS/BBS) and PSM metrics.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develop an evergreen system to maintain safety critical systems lists and testing frequencies
* Lead and facilitate Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
* Develop an evergreen system to maintain the Beaumont plant's Alarm Management Program
* Identify and implement technical solutions to resolve PHA and process safety related action items
* Ensure Process Safety Information is up to date
* Support Beaumont's Risk Management Program (RMP)
* Work with project lead to ensure functional safety calculation (SIL calculation) as needed
* Lead and educate team members on the importance of Process Safety
Support operational efficiency and identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement
Assure appropriate programs are in place to maintain process safety goals
* Accomplish assignments, goals, and objectives with minimal supervision and direction
* Additional duties as assigned
* Bachelors in Engineering from an accredited University, Chemical Engineering degree preferred.
* 5-8 years of PSM experience in chemical or petrochemical environment.
* Understanding of LOPA methodology is preferred.
* Functional safety calculation (SIL calculation) and dispersion modeling experience is preferred.
* Awareness of process safety/environmental regulations as they apply in a plant setting.
* Ability to understand and troubleshoot chemical processes.
* Good organizational skills.
* Verbal and written communications skills required for effective interfacing with agencies, plant, division, company, and consultants.
* Business/plant/process understating to evaluate impact on applicable and changing regulations.
* Attention to detail.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans High Performance Materials, Industrial Specialties and Coating Solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.3 billion in 2017, we employ around 20,000 people worldwide and operate in some 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Keywords: Arkema, Beaumont , Process Safety Engineer Job, Engineering , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!