Customer Reliability Engineer
Company: John Crane
Posted on: April 17, 2019
About Us John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in
rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and
services to process industries. The company designs and
manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and
systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive
digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is
accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and
service facilities in over 50 countries. Job Description Works
on-site at a customer facility near Lake Charles, LA directly
coordinating, scheduling and participating in work with the
customer to comply with the partnership agreement. Troubleshoot by
investigating problems related to product performance and
application specific criteria. Make less complex and routine seal
and equipment recommendations utilizing standard engineering
judgment and responsibility to resolve customer inquiries. Travel
as required to perform duties and work directly with customers.
Position reports to Regional?Engineer. Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews customer applications and makes specific
- Troubleshoots specific customer applications and analyzes,
evaluates, and rectifies seal operation problems and failures.
- Improves MTBR and reduces material costs.
- Reduces inventory by establishing standards for reduction,
minimizing variances found in the physical inventory and optimizing
- Communicates orally and in writing with customers, company
personnel, and vendors providing counseling, recommendations, and
technical assistance. May include making both technical and
commercial presentations to customers or management.
- Assists and directs development of customer seal
standardization programs. Also, assists with developing inventory
management programs that are to be implemented by customers.
- Solves problems on existing installations pro-actively.
- Negotiates with customers and sales personnel regarding
material changes or modifications of customer equipment, seal, or
auxiliary equipment. Help customers find and define productivity
improvements obtained through seal upgrades.
- Approves overall seal and component part design and materials,
proposals, layouts, installation, assembly and detail
- Prepares reports and makes recommendations to management in
order to assist in development and management of partnership
programs. Devise and recommend new approaches to problems
encountered in assignments.
- Recommends new standards and procedures on design and
manufacture of seal components. Observes and reports field
performance results; collects and evaluates customer?s data, while
working with local John Crane office and sales representative.
- Additional duties as assigned. The Individual
- Bachelor?s in?Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of labor reporting, work order variances, QAD,
MFG-PRO, SAP, or equivalent
- Previous participation in continuous improvement activities
including but not limited to Kaizen, SMED, and Lean activities or
- Strong knowledge of personal computers, MS Office, and
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends as needed to
meet business demands.
- Moderate level of understanding of the financial aspects of a
- Capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously in a
- Excellent written and verbal business communication.
- Excellent training, leadership, facilitation, influencing,
negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner?It
is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity
(EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin,
citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color,
religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information,
marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: John Crane, Beaumont , Customer Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!