Customer Reliability Engineer
Company: John Crane
Posted on: October 11, 2019
CUSTOMER RELIABILITY ENGINEER
North America, USA, Texas, Beaumont
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating
equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services
to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a
variety of products including mechanical seals and systems,
couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital
John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of
more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries.
Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (
John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global
leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and
contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and
engineered components. Job Description
Works on-site at a customer facility(s), directly coordinates,
schedules and participates in work with the customer to comply with
the partnership agreement. Troubleshoots by investigating problems
related to product performance and application specific criteria.
Makes less complex and routine seal and equipment recommendations
utilizing standard engineering judgment and responsibility to
resolve customer inquiries. Travel as required performing duties
and working directly with customers. Duties & Responsibilities
* Reviews customer applications and makes specific
* Troubleshoots specific customer applications and analyzes,
evaluates, and rectifies seal operation problems and failures.
* Improves MTBR and reduces material costs.
* Reduces inventory by establishing standards for reduction,
minimizing variances found in the physical inventory and optimizing
* Communicates orally and in writing with customers, company
personnel, and vendors providing counseling, recommendations, and
* May include making both technical and commercial presentations to
customers or management.
* Assists and directs development of customer seal standardization
* Also, assist developing inventory management programs that are to
be implemented by customers.
* Solves problems on existing installations pro-actively.
Negotiates with customers and sales personnel regarding material
changes or modifications of customer equipment, seal, or auxiliary
* Help customers find and define productivity improvements obtained
through seal upgrades.
* Approves overall seal and component part design and materials,
proposals, layouts, installation, assembly and detail drawings.
* Prepares reports and recommendations to management and assist in
development and management of partnership programs.
* Devise and recommend new approaches to problems encountered in
* Recommends new standards and procedures on design and manufacture
of seal components.
* Observes and reports field performance results; collects and
evaluates data customers, while working with local John Crane
office and sales representative.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
* Minimum 2 years experience with mechanical seals, rotating
equipment and basic engineering principles applied to perform work
assignments in addition to PC and software knowledge.
* Knowledge of labor reporting, work order variances, QAD, MFG-PRO,
SAP, or equivalent
* Previous participation in continuous improvement activities
including but not limited to Kaizen, SMED, and Lean activities or
* Strong knowledge of personal computers, MS Office, and machining
practices. CNC Programming a plus.
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends as needed to
meet business demands.
* Moderate level of understanding of the financial aspects of a
* Capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously in a
* Excellent written and verbal business communication.
* Excellent training, leadership, facilitation, influencing,
negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: John Crane, Beaumont , Customer Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!