Manager, District Sales
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Company Overview HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one
of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The
company provides a broad range of products and value-add services
to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company.
Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Responsible for driving and managing the successful
execution of sales strategies and plans for the district.
Orchestrate and direct resources to drive profitable sales revenue
and growth. Optimize sales effectiveness in partnership with other
district and region sales partners. Engage and inspire the team to
drive profitable business results. Monitor, analyze and report on
district sales results. Define and plan the district selling
organization to optimize resources. Facilitate the staffing
process; provide input to other channels on organizational needs,
associate actions, and sales team development. Sell to key district
customers. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Manages a sales territory and develops direct reports including
inside and outside sales, and special products sales. Actively
schedules sales meetings and events with specified accounts and
prospective accounts for the purpose of bidding jobs and securing
new business. Forecast and achieve budgeted sales targets for
assigned sales team.
- Manages selling and customer service activities, developing and
implementing sales and customer retention programs to optimize
sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction. Plan,
forecast and report on sales and competitor pricing, activity and
tactics. Promote market and technology research.
- Plans and implements district advertising and promotional
strategy and activities.
- May communicate and negotiate special pricing and product
availability with top vendors in district.
- Coach, motivate and develop team. Ensure team performs account
prospecting. Assign and reassign accounts as required to maximize
sales performance revenue. Conduct ride-along activities and work
with team to call on active customers and prospective
- Conducts ongoing recruitment and interviewing of candidates for
the purpose of acquiring talent to support the attainment of
business objectives. Responsible for succession planning
- Trains and provides coaching of sales associates in effective
selling processes and technique. Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
7+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university and
10+ years industry sales experience.
- 5+ years experience with area customer base.
- Strong sales management background.
- Product knowledge.
- Supervisory experience. PRID PRID145 Job Locations
US-TX-Beaumont Posted Date 2 months ago (2/3/2020 10:25 AM) Job ID
2020-36631 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area
Sales Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting Location
: Postal Code 77706 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Beaumont , Manager, District Sales, Executive , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!