Operations Manager I
Company: Lamar Advertising Company
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Do you have what it takes to lead a fast-paced operations team?
If you're great at planning schedules and enjoy spending time
outside, we have a great opportunity for a self-motivated leader!
We're in search of a safety-oriented, front-line Operations Manager
that can motivate our Operations team through positive leadership
and hands-on training. Our Lamar office in Beaumont, Texas is now
hiring to help us bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for
brands in Beaumont, TX and the surrounding areas.Compensation &
Benefits Overview:The salary range for this position is $54,000 -
$60,000 / year, dependent on relevant experience, qualifications,
and performance.We offer a competitive and comprehensive
compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some
of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple
medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, PTO 401K plan,
and incentivized wellness programs.Essential Functions and
- Responsible for managing the safety program. This includes
hosting monthly safety meeting, ensuring the crew wears the correct
safety clothing and equipment, and performing monthly safety
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and appearance of
the structure and Lamar owned properties. This includes ensuring
the advertisements are installed correctly, ensuring the vegetation
is maintained, and ensuring the structures are properly maintained
- Responsible for managing major construction projects. This
includes negotiating with subcontracts/vendors, purchasing
materials, interacting with the lessor, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing expenses and ensuring the operations
department remains within budget. Also responsible for tracking the
- Responsible for planning daily duties and routes for the
operations crew, including routing their schedules based on
installation and maintenance needs.
- On occasion, may be required to install and maintain
billboards.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft
Office suite to prepare business correspondence and prepare
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the
importance of job responsibilities.
- Skill in establishing rapport, encouraging individuals on a
professional basis, and listening perceptively
- Skill in mediating between parties and groups.
- Skill in working as a part of a team, collaborating with
employees, and maintain good working relationships.
- Skill in managing including organizing objectives, delegating
responsibility, training, evaluating subordinate effectiveness, and
administering necessary discipline.
- Detailed knowledge of building and dismantling structures,
installing and uninstalling advertisements, electrical upkeep, and
vegetation maintenance as it pertains to the billboards.
- Detailed knowledge of Lamar, OSHA, DOT, federal and state
- Ability to understand and operate within a set budget.
- Detailed knowledge of the inventory/market and obstacles of
each structure in the market.
- Ability to drive safely in a company vehicle.Education and
- A valid driver's license is required.
- 2 years of Operations experience in the outdoor advertising
industry or equivalent experience in a safety-related position is
- 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- Preferred certifications, depending on location need: CDL,
Crane, Signal, Rigging, LDD TechPhysical Demands and Work
- The primary work environment for this position is the office,
shop, and outdoors.
- The physical demands for this position include moderate
lifting, pushing, reaching, seeing (with a focus on reading, color
distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision),
sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking,
turning, walking, and climbing.
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
or any other State or Federally protected characteristicDisability
Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will
be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a
disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for
clarification on why we're asking for this information!California
Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary
course of considering job applicants. This information may include,
for example, name, address, phone number and other contact
information, employment history and reference contact information,
and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By
submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of
this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration
for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this
information.#Reg57IDEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Lamar Advertising Company, Beaumont , Operations Manager I, Executive , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!