Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Company DescriptionAbout VeoliaVeolia group aims to be the
benchmark company for ecological transformation. In 2022, with
nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides
game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for
water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary
business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources,
preserve available resources, and replenish them. In 2021, the
Veolia group supplied 79 million people with drinking water and 61
million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 48 million
megawatt hours of energy and treated 48 million metric tons of
waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) generated
consolidated revenue of ---28.508 billion in 2021.
www.veolia.comJob DescriptionBENEFITS -Veolia's comprehensive
benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as
health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are
also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan,
to save for retirement. - Pay and benefits for employees
represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining
agreement. - - -Position Purpose: - -To procure quality Goods and
Services in the most cost and time effective manner while following
the Purchasing Policy and Procedures set forth for Veolia ES
Technical Solutions.Primary Duties/responsibilities: -
- Draft requests for proposals (RFPs) to solicit competitive
- Cost Savings (capture opportunities to save money in every
transaction handled through price reductions, competitive bidding,
use of National Suppliers, research).
- Ensure supplier compliance with all site specific Safety
- Supervise work and activities of Purchasing Agent in all
aspects of the day to day operation of the Purchasing Division.
Coordinate daily to ensure timely and effective completion of daily
tasks/special projects. Discuss work in progress; discuss new
purchasing procedures coming in place and any problems with the
ones in place. Assist and advise where/when needed. Evaluate
- Contract Administrator
- Handle all transactions in disposing of/obsolete/dead
stock/equipment (return to vendor, auction etc)
- Full ownership of various plant services (lawn maintenance,
vending machines, pest control, employee uniform, cell phones,
janitorial service, appliances, furniture, signs, utilities,
temporary office trailers, etc.)
- Schedule business meetings with vendors, compile necessary
material, and arrange for other staff members to attend when
- Create, edit, submit, manage, approve/reject requisitions and
change orders while identifying any cost saving opportunities
during this process.
- Establish frequent communication with Corporate Purchasing to
insure compliance with policies and leverage use of preferred
- Assist and advise inter departments on Purchasing Procedures.
Interact with vendor and inter departments throughout the
procurement process to review clarity of specifications, Terms and
Conditions, ensuring that all required forms have been
completed/approved/signed and to negotiate favorable payment per
- Support engineering personnel/project managers in preparations
of estimates by contacting vendors & furnishing equipment/material
costs and or Lease or Own analysis.
- Responsible for support and guidance to engineering
personnel/project managers on administration of contract
procedures. - Ensure that all contract administration procedures
are followed and executed in a professional and ethical manner.
Advise and assist project managers in monitoring adherence to
established managing contract compliance.
- Receive and review all sealed bids for Project Managers.
- Ownership of all Blanket Purchases (requisition, negotiate
contract price and terms, generate PO, cost control, freight,
resolve discrepancies, develop strong business relation with
vendor, regular meetings with sales, management, freight company,
accounts payable and their controller, keep up with market trends
- Ownership of setting up new vendors (completion of new vendor
package, Safety Pre-Qualification package, certificate of
insurance, Terms and conditions prior to sending Vendor Form to
corporate for approval /setup).
- Keep a log of all Certificates of Insurance for vendors
performing work in the plant.
- Match Exception and Queue manager. Liaise with corporate
accounts payable department (SSC personnel) - - to ensure a
successful three way match between PO, Receipt and Invoice which
assists in accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Answer phone calls and emails.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail to appropriate
individuals and prepare invoice to be scanned and sent to SSC
- Coordinate and cooperate with vendors, colleagues, upper
administration personnel, SSC personnel, and VESNA corporate
- Prepare, review, and code Purchasing P-Card Transactions. -
Reconcile Transaction Reports.
- Fill in for the Purchasing Agent(s) on days they are out of the
- Other duties/projects as assigned.QualificationsEducation /
Experience / Background: -
- High School or GED equivalent required
- Associates degree required (Bachelor's preferred)
- 5-10 years of Procurement related experience required
(preferably in an Industrial setting)Knowledge / Skills /
- Knowledge of Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
- Computer proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft
(specifically Sheets / Excel and Docs / Word), knowledge of
Inventory/Work Order Database (VAMS, MP2, or similar) and
- Demonstrated vendor management, negotiation and analytical
- Proficiency to read, edit, negotiate contracts, proposals and
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple
- Strong internal customer orientation
- Ability to effectively present information
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationship with any/every level of the organization
- Previous SAP Ariba experience a plusRequired Certification /
Licenses / Training: -
- CPM a plusAdditional InformationWe are an Equal Opportunity
Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status. -Disclaimer: The salary, other
compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date
of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this
information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Beaumont , Purchasing Manager, Executive , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...