Correctional Medicine Infection Control Nurse Needed in Beaumont, TX
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Correctional Medicine opening in Beaumont, Texas. This and other rn
jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Overview Our Infection
Control Nurse serves as leader, mentor, and role model for the
infection control program. Maintains a knowledge base of current
infection prevention and control information. Serves as the liaison
with the Department of Corrections surrounding infection control
issues and as chairperson for a multi-disciplinary infection
control committee. Provides professional education for health care,
correctional, and other staff as required to maintain an effective
infection control program. Qualifications Education:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Baccalaureate degree preferredExperience:
- Five (5) years minimum of clinical experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience in areas of patient care practices,
microbiology, sepsis, disinfecting/sterilization, adult education,
infectious diseases, communication, program administration and
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse within the State
- Current CPR Certification Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains the site Infection Control
- Assist with patient care, Utilization Management and other job
responsibilities as assigned by Director of Nursing.
- Maintains a knowledge base of current infection prevention and
control information through peer networking, published literature,
professional meetings and other avenues as available.
- Shares knowledge and skills with others and brings creativity
and innovation to practice.
- Makes decisions and performs activities in an ethical
- Integrates surveillance findings into the organization's plan
for improvement of practices and patient outcomes.
- Reviews, analyzes, and applies existing regulations, standards
and /or guidelines of applicable professional organizations and
- Reviews, analyzes, and applies pertinent information from
current scientific literature and publications.
- Conducts surveillance and investigations by using
epidemiological principles and uses appropriate statistical
techniques to describe the data, calculate rates, and critically
evaluate significance of findings.
- Develops a surveillance plan based on the population served,
services provided, and previous surveillance data. Selects
indicators based on the projected use of the data and uses
standardized definitions for the identification and classification
of events, indicators, or outcomes.
- Analyzes surveillance data and reports epidemiological
significant finds to appropriate customers. Periodically evaluates
the effectiveness of the surveillance plan and modifies as
- Routinely assess the educational needs of staff and patients
and develops educational objectives and strategies to meet those
needs. Collaborates in the development, delivery, and evaluation of
educational programs or tools that relate to infection prevention,
control and epidemiology.
- Provides consultation to administration, committees, staff, and
managers on issues regarding infection prevention, control and
- Develops and annually reviews a program plan with measurable
objectives and determines appropriate resources needed to
accomplish the proposed plan. Communicates variances to the Health
Services Administrator and Site Director of Nursing and modifies
program plan if needed.
- Considers both clinical outcomes and financial implications
when making recommendations for changes in practice.
- Prepares a monthly report of infection control events and
- Develops agenda for and serves as chairperson for Quarterly
Infection Control meetings.
- Submits Infection Control meeting minutes as indicated in
Policy and Procedure.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: WellPath, Beaumont , Correctional Medicine Infection Control Nurse Needed in Beaumont, TX, Healthcare , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!