Registered Nurse - GYN Oncology
Company: Texas Oncology
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Overview: Texas Oncology's Covid 19 vaccine mandate policy
requires that all new hires be vaccinated or obtain an approved
exemption before their start date. More information will be
provided to you throughout the interview process. Texas Oncology is
looking for a full-time Oncology Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) II to
join our team! This position will support the Beaumont, Texas
location. The position is Monday-Friday, no weekends or holidays,
and no call. Texas Oncology is the largest community oncology
provider in the country and has approximately 600+ providers in
220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders
pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in
making the best available cancer care accessible to all
communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the
critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still
the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology
and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based
cancer care to help our patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More
victories." in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology
treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us? Come join our team that is responsible for helping
lead Texas Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer
than any other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a
competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision,
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a
generous PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match,
a Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle,
and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an
Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite
retailers. What does the Oncology Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) II
do? Under minimal supervision, the Registered Nurse provides
professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and
company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations.
Demonstrates knowledge of physiological, psychological, and
developmental and age specific differences in the patient
population including late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and
the elderly. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to
provide for assessment and therapeutic management of patient/family
needs. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program,
to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the
continuity of care consistent with established standards and
- Assesses health status by interviewing patient regarding
current status and medical history.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families.
- Facilitates clinical operations and patient care
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy
telephone line and records the information in the patient
- Facilitates and schedules consultations, pre-testing,
diagnostic tests or procedures, referrals and future appointments
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant
information in the patient's chart.
- As necessary, facilitates communication between patient/family
and interdisciplinary team and coordinates services related to
- Assist patients in locating available community resources.
- Inter professional collaboration
- Acts as a resource to LPN/LVNs and medical assistants.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for the Oncology Clinic
Registered Nurse (RN) II will have the following background and
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
- Minimum of 3 years of RN experience, including at least one
year in Oncology is strongly preferred.
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board
of Nursing in practicing state.
- Current CPR certification required. Texas Oncology is part of
the US Oncology Network and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin.
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Beaumont , Registered Nurse - GYN Oncology, Healthcare , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!