Infection Preventionist Registered Nurse RN
Posted on: May 12, 2022
EMPLOYER PAID HEALTHCARE PREMIUMS!Summary/ObjectiveEvaluate
quality of resident care and resident outcomes as they relate to
healthcare associated infections. Collects, prepares and analyzes
healthcare associated infection data. Present infection data and
make's recommendations for actions. Monitor employee compliance
with the use of barriers, standard precautions, transmission-based
precautions, and infection prevention measures. Prepare and present
educational offerings for staff regarding infection prevention and
control. Serve as a resource to all departments and personnel
regarding infection control and prevention. Implement programs to
protect the healthcare workers, visitors, and others in the
healthcare environment. Serve as a member of the Antibiotic
Stewardship Program Committee and Quality Assurance Performance
Improvement Committee. Provide internal and external reporting of
information and data. Promote compliance with regulations,
guidelines, and accreditation requirements.Essential Functions
- Perform on-going monitoring of healthcare associated
- Assess infection prevention areas for improvement and makes
recommendations for corrective action.
- Prepare infection prevention summary reports for the QAPI
- Monitor or oversee infection prevention practices and employee
compliance for all departments and personnel.
- Serve as an educational resource for all departments and
- Provide infection surveillance data reporting to the Antibiotic
Stewardship Program Committee routinely.
- Conduct outbreak investigation and initiates control
- Report communicable diseases to the local, state and federal
agencies as required by law.
- Provide educational offerings for orientation and ongoing
- Consult with center leadership and physicians as needed to
improve infection prevention and control practices.
- Initiate follow-up on employee/resident exposures to
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Interact with occupational health on issues related to
exposures to communicable diseases and to blood borne
- Lead short and long-term planning for the infection prevention
- Participate in the completion of annual and periodic
updates/changes to the Facility Assessment.
- Perform other duties as directed.Required Education and
- Holds a current state license as a registered nurse.
- CDC certification in infection prevention is required.
- Candidate will be given three (3) months to complete such
certification if he/she does not currently hold it.
- Associate-Infection Prevention and Control) a -IPC
certification is required.
- Candidate will be eligible after the first six (6) months of
employment and the certification must be completed within one (1)
- Ability to teach and evaluate clinical performance as it
relates to infection prevention and control.
- Solid communication skills.
- Computer skills required for the position (Excel, Word, and
PowerPoint).Supervisory ResponsibilityAssist DON in the supervision
of nursing staff and others for whom they are administratively or
professionally responsible.Work EnvironmentShift work may be
required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands
or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear.
Employee will occasionally assist to lift and/or transfer patients
weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally
exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles
and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Pine Arbor in Silsbee, TX is a 90-bed center
offering a variety of individualized, health care services for our
patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed
team member to join our efforts in providing quality care in all
aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the following team
member opportunity and apply today!We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Keywords: SavaSeniorCare, Beaumont , Infection Preventionist Registered Nurse RN, Healthcare , Silsbee, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!