Registered Nurse- Salary Range: $59,004-$64,475/annually - Med Surg
Company: Spindletop Center
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Registered Nurse- Salary Range:
$59,004-$64,475/annuallyRegistered Nurse- Salary Range:
JOB PURPOSE: Provides registered nursing services as determined by
individual needs to children and adults with intellectual and
developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, mental
health diagnosis or related conditions. Assist in the development
of the Individual Plan of Care, and provides services and monitors
the activities and delivery of services for licensed and
non-licensed nursing personnel in accordance with established TXBON
standards of the Nursing Practice Act according to licensure,
accepted Medical/Nursing Standards and Associated Standards
approved by state and local regulatory agencies. Is responsible for
the implementation of current service delivery standards to
consumers as established in the Policy and Procedures of Spindletop
Center. Responsible for providing training regarding tasks that are
delegated to unlicensed persons as well as overseeing this work and
ensuring that it is performed correctly. May provide training to
other staff, providers, individuals, family members, volunteers and
students. Completes documentation relative to work performed.
DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Current licensure in the state
of Texas as a Registered Nurse. Experience with serving individuals
with intellectual and developmental disabilities or a mental health
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE): RN
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Possess exceptional skills in oral and written communication
using a computer and electronic medical record-related software
applications, word processing, spreadsheets and specific
* Ability to compose documents according to departmental and state
* Ability to input data into computer, make calculations, complete
paperwork, produce reports.
* Computer ? skilled in the use of technology with Microsoft Office
and all Google applications.
* Skilled in delivering professional customer service and detail
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work to complete
in a timely manner.
* Familiarity with community resources.
* Ability to build rapport with individuals and support
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS (specify):
* May be required to interact with other governmental agencies,
family members, and general public to determine needs and actions
to be taken.
* Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another
state, must be currently licensed in that state.
* Liability insurance required if employee will operate personal
vehicle on Center property or for Center business. Must be
insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a
Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
* Must complete all training requirements in month in which they
* Availability of a personal vehicle for business use may be
* Work may take place within office setting, community setting,
nursing facilities and within the residences of individuals.
* Travel may be required within the 4 county service area.
* May be required to work hours outside of the M-F 8-5
* May be required to participate in on-call rotation
* May be required to participate in evacuation plans in the event
of emergency and an evacuation of individuals is deemed
* Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test
* Must successfully pass all background screens as required by the
* Must be physically able to conduct personal/business visits to
include walking on uneven surfaces, climbing stairs, and standing
for periods of time if required.
Essential Tasks & Standards
* Provides comprehensive nursing services to assigned consumers,
including but not limited to monitoring of caseload, focused
assessments, medication administration, education, training, and
* Maintains nursing records in accordance with all applicable
* Delegates Nursing Tasks according to TXBON standards and Center
* Maintains adequate nursing supplies at all times and reorders as
necessary. No delays in the provision of services due to lack of
* Meets with individuals and families interested in selecting
Spindletop as a service provider as requested.
* Attends and participates in Person Directed Planning meetings as
scheduled to provide nursing oversight and direction regarding
areas of health and safety.
* Has no more than 3 medication errors per year according to
Work Behaviors & Standards
* Attends work regularly and punctually in order to provide
reliable and consistent coverage in area of responsibility. Arrives
at designated time and departs according to schedule. Maintains a
willingness to adjust schedule to meet the needs of the situation.
Makes every attempt to pre-schedule absences and provide dependable
coverage and service. Complies with Center policies regarding leave
usage, absenteeism, and tardiness.
* Interacts with clients in an emotionally supportive and/or
therapeutic manner in order to provide an environment of caring,
dignity, and respect.
* Works harmoniously with fellow employees, supervisors, family,
and friends of persons served, and the public in order to create an
environment of caring, dignity and respect, and that allows for the
accomplishment of the Center's mission.
* Utilizes work time effectively to insure that all assignments are
completed in a thorough and timely manner.
* Abides by all Center policies and procedures regarding training
objectives and requirements including those that relate to safety
and infectious disease control. Will keep all Staff Development
mandatory trainings current.
* Adheres to Center policies and procedures and all applicable
requirements and regulations of HHSC, CMS, Texas Administrative
Code, CARF, relevant contracts and all other applicable regulatory
* Maintains confidentiality regarding consumers, records,
personnel, and other sensitive and confidential information in
order to comply with Center, state, and federal policy.
Keywords: Spindletop Center, Beaumont , Registered Nurse- Salary Range: $59,004-$64,475/annually - Med Surg, Healthcare , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!