Nurse Extern CHRISTUS St. Elizabeth
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: September 25, 2022
DescriptionSummary:The Nurse Extern, under the direct
supervision of a Registered Nurse, administers patient care. The
nurse extern will complement the nursing process, assisting the RN
and LPN in the individualized care of the patient in an attempt to
assist the patient in adapting to the disease process and achieve
the highest level of wellness. The student nurse will be paired
with a RN and shadow that nurse and care for that nurse's patients
as a tech.Summer Extern Program:
- Purpose: To assist in preparing nursing students to be practice
ready utilizing academic-practice partnerships.
- Work and learn side by side with front line nurses
- Gain valuable Hospital experience
- Education comes first- self scheduling available
- No contracts; Competitive hourly compensation
- Start date: June 2022
- Applications Close: May 2022Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a nursing program to obtain either an
associate degree or bachelor's degree to become a registered
- Must be enrolled in their first clinical course and be in good
standing in the nursing program
- Proficient in basic nursing tasks.
- Provides updated transcript at beginning of semester.
- Six (6) months experience in patient care preferred.
- AHA BLS required within 2 weeks of employment.
- De-escalation training within 90 days of employment.Work Type:
Per Diem As Needed**Contact Recruiter, Sarah Savoy with questions
at email@example.com or 337-431-7864**
Keywords: Christus Health, Beaumont , Nurse Extern CHRISTUS St. Elizabeth, Healthcare , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!