Posted on: March 19, 2023
Why Wellpath:Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role:Our Pharmacist performs all of the necessary
pharmaceutical and consulting work for a facility including
establishing policies and procedures and ensuring compliance to
them. Work involves dispensing of drugs; requisitioning
pharmaceuticals; and assisting in the planning, coordination, and
execution of pharmacy operations and programs. Directs the work of
part-time pharmacists and/or pharmacy technicians.What you bring to
- Graduate from an accredited School of PharmacyExperience:
- Minimum One (1) year experience working as a Pharmacist
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and
organizational planning, coordination, and execution
- This includes strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower
modeling, leadership techniques, and production methods
- Ability to plan and organize work assignments and projects
- Demonstrated professionalism in handling staff and pharmacy
- Performs in an effective and efficient manner which is
consistent with current standards for the position and with
policies/procedures of the facility
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred.Licenses/Certifications:
- Must be licensed as a Pharmacist by the state in which work is
performed. Consultant Pharmacy license required (Florida)What you
- As the Pharmacist in Charge responsible for all operations of
- As a pharmacist responsible for the following:
- Dispenses drugs, chemicals, and pharmaceutical
- Checks all drug containers issued from which medication is to
be administered before leaving the pharmacy.
- Inspects of all pharmaceutical supplies as well as the
maintenance of an approved stock of emergency drugs.
- Dispenses all narcotic drugs and the maintenance of their
- Provides of pharmaceutical information to physicians, interns
- Maintains confidential records, such as pharmacy files, patient
profiles, charge system files, and inventories.
- Maintains adequate control over the requesting and dispensing
of all drugs and all pharmaceutical supplies.
- Prepares periodic reports on the progress of department and
multi-disciplinary improvement teams for submission to the
administration and Performance Improvement Team of the
- Provides in-depth pharmacologic and pharmacokinetic consults
(verbal and written) when requested or when appropriate.
- Serves as the facilities Consultant Pharmacist of record
(Florida) and complies with all requirements and reports identified
by the Florida Department of Health/ Board of Pharmacy for a
- Must exercise sound administrative and professional judgment
using initiative consistent with a level of patient care.
- Maintains registration with Department of Health/Board of
Pharmacy as the Pharmacist in Charge, Pharmacy Manager if pharmacy
possesses a Community License Pharmacy Permit or other Special
Limited Pharmacy Permit and is the Consultant Pharmacist (Florida)
of Record for the facility.
- Position may require rotating 24/7/365 after hour call.
- Reviews Policies and Procedures on a yearly basis.
- Report to P&T, Governing Council and Performance
- Reviews charts for discrepancies and requirements specified by
the Board of Pharmacy.
- Works on reducing the facility cost by implementing and
following the current Drug Protocols and Formulary.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability EmployerOur investment in
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/
Keywords: Wellpath, Beaumont , Pharmacist, Healthcare , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...