Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) - Family Practice
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Nurse Practitioner (ARNP)Why Wellpath
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role
Our Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the medical assessment and treatment of medical conditions of the residents under the supervision of the primary care physician.
What you bring to the table
* Requires a Master's Degree in Nursing.
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience practicing medicine required.
* Recent experience working in an independent clinical environment is desired.
* Experience in active patient care as a Family Practice nurse practitioner required.
* Experience working in a community health setting with immigrant populations.
* Ability to read and communicate in English.
* Ability to communicate well verbally.
* Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills.
* Must possess an active license as Advanced Practice Nurse.
* Current certification in basic life support/ACLS.
What you will do
* Provides comprehensive assessment, plan development, implementation of plan of care and evaluation of effectiveness of interventions with revisions as necessary.
* Performs admission and annual physicals.
* Initiates, monitors, and alters medications and treatments within approved guidelines and policies and procedures. Documents all work.
* Evaluates and documents physical and behavioral reviews. Identifies and evaluates illnesses. Compiles and evaluates medical histories and physical finding. Initiates diagnostic laboratory test and interprets and evaluates laboratory results. Intervenes in resident medical emergencies, and provides medical coverage to the infirmary.
* Monitors medication and initiates appropriate therapies for certain conditions and changes medications according to variations in a patient's response within established protocols.
* Observes and differentiates between signs and symptoms associated with normal human physiology and those indicative of pathological changes.
* Documents all relevant patient care issues in patients' progress notes and treatment plan all relevant patient care issues.
* Monitors and manages medical patients and appropriately refers to other specialists and disciplines.
* Contributes to the Employee Health program via activities such as pre-employment physical exams and clearance, employee immunization administration, employee health teaching, and assessment of employee medical emergencies and/or injuries.
* Provides input to the health care policies and procedures and assists with sick call triage.
* Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as individuals, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment.
* Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each resident.
* Follows all established medical and healthcare treatment protocols.
* Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
* Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
* Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
* Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Our investment in you
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
* Time off & leave benefits
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Parental benefits
* Perks and discounts
* And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/
$101,500 - $124,000 / year
Nurse Practitioner (ARNP)Why Wellpath
Keywords: Wellpath, Beaumont , Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) - Family Practice, Healthcare , Beaumont, Texas
here to apply!