Behavioral Health RN Team Lead $62,544.24-$68,343.50/Annually - Behavioral Health
Company: Spindletop Center
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Behavioral Health RN Team Lead
$62,544.24-$68,343.50/AnnuallyBehavioral Health RN Team Lead
TIME FOR A CHANGE? Apply Today!
Are you tired of going through the motions and feeling you are on a
hamster's wheel? Do you love to serve people and make a difference
where you live? Do you enjoy working for a company that values
helping people help themselves? If you answered "yes" to any of
those questions, let us face it - you are ready for something
different and that is why you should apply with us today.
Culture - serving, casual, rewarding, and communitive
On-going personal development - abundant resources online,
one-on-one, and in-classroom training sessions.
Growth- promotions from within are available and welcomed
WE PROMOTE HEALTHY LIVING IN OUR COMMUNITY!!!
Attractive benefits package- encompassing dollar for dollar
retirement match (up to 8%) with a generous vesting schedule,
generous accrual of personal leave with rollover options available.
In addition, we offer performance-based incentives for the rock
stars we want on our team.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, free therapy, life
Insurance and long term disability for all staff (excluding PRN
Team play. We need and appreciate each other. Our model requires
teamwork. No one is an island.
#WeNeedYou #TheyNeedYou #StrongerTogether
JOB PURPOSE: Provides registered nursing services as determined by
individual needs to children and adults with mental health
diagnosis or related conditions. Assist in the development of the
Individual Plan of Care, and provides services and monitors the
activities and delivery of services for licensed and non-licensed
nursing personnel in accordance with established TXBON standards of
the Nursing Practice Act according to licensure, accepted
Medical/Nursing Standards and Associated Standards approved by
state and local regulatory agencies. Is responsible for the
implementation of current service delivery standards to consumers
as established in the Policy and Procedures of Spindletop Center.
Responsible for providing training regarding tasks that are
delegated to unlicensed persons as well as overseeing this work and
ensuring that it is performed correctly. Completes documentation
relative to work performed.
DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Current licensure in the state
of Texas as a Registered Nurse. Two years' experience in a
supervisory position preferred and four years' experience with
Behavioral Health programs.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE): RN
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Possess exceptional skills in oral and written communication
using a computer and electronic medical record-related software
applications, word processing, spreadsheets and specific
* Ability to compose documents according to departmental and state
* Ability to input data into computer, make calculations, complete
paperwork, produce reports.
* Computer - skilled in the use of technology with Microsoft Office
and all Google applications.
* Skilled in delivering professional customer service and detail
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work to complete
in a timely manner.
* Familiarity with community resources.
* Ability to build rapport with individuals and support
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS (specify):
* May be required to interact with other governmental agencies,
family members, and general public to determine needs and actions
to be taken.
* Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another
state, must be currently licensed in that state.
* Liability insurance required if employee will operate personal
vehicle on Center property or for Center business. Must be
insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a
Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
* Must complete all training requirements in month in which they
* Availability of a personal vehicle for business use may be
* Work may take place within office setting, community setting,
nursing facilities and within the residences of individuals.
* Travel may be required within the 4 county service area.
* May be required to work hours outside of the M-F 8-5
* May be required to participate in on-call rotation
* May be required to participate in evacuation plans in the event
of emergency and an evacuation of individuals is deemed
* Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test
* Must successfully pass all background screens as required by the
* Must be physically able to conduct personal/business visits to
include walking on uneven surfaces, climbing stairs, and standing
for periods of time if required.
Essential Tasks & Standards
* Oversees clinical services provided by Licensed Vocational Nurses
and Registered Nurses in Behavioral Health programs.
* Contributes to the BH Units' accurate and timely submission of
* Ensures progress notes are completed by all service providers
according to the requirement of each service area and submitted to
the record within established time frames
* Monitors Billing
* Provides comprehensive nursing services to assigned consumers,
including but not limited to monitoring of caseload, focused
assessments, medication administration, education, training, and
* Maintains nursing records in accordance with all applicable
* Delegates Nursing Tasks according to TXBON standards and Center
* Attends and participates in Person Directed Planning meetings as
scheduled to provide nursing oversight and direction regarding
areas of health and safety.
Work Behaviors & Standards
* Attends work regularly and punctually in order to provide
reliable and consistent coverage in area of responsibility. Arrives
at designated time and departs according to schedule. Maintains a
willingness to adjust schedule to meet the needs of the situation.
Makes every attempt to pre-schedule absences and provide dependable
coverage and service. Complies with Center policies regarding leave
usage, absenteeism, and tardiness.
* Interacts with clients in an emotionally supportive and/or
therapeutic manner in order to provide an environment of caring,
dignity, and respect.
* Works harmoniously with fellow employees, supervisors, family,
and friends of persons served, and the public in order to create an
environment of caring, dignity and respect, and that allows for the
accomplishment of the Center's mission.
* Utilizes work time effectively to insure that all assignments are
completed in a thorough and timely manner.
* Abides by all Center policies and procedures regarding training
objectives and requirements including those that relate to safety
and infectious disease control. Will keep all Staff Development
mandatory trainings current.
* Adheres to Center policies and procedures and all applicable
requirements and regulations of HHSC, CMS, Texas Administrative
Code, CARF, relevant contracts and all other applicable regulatory
* Maintains confidentiality regarding consumers, records,
personnel, and other sensitive and confidential information in
order to comply with Center, state, and federal policy.
Supervision & Leadership Behaviors
* Onboarding of employees to include submission of the position
requisition, conducting interviews and completing the hiring
process following Human Resource guidelines.
* Conducts performance evaluations of assigned staff. Performance
evaluations are on time and give employees fair and meaningful
* Schedules assigned staff to participate in mandatory training in
order to ensure staff competence and development. Staff required
trainings are up to date and staff are given opportunities for
* Monitors performance of department and assigned staff using
established reporting processes and provides feedback and coaching
to ensure staff meet all contract, productivity and other
* Manages schedules, attendance and punctuality of assigned staff.
Staff time is reported on time and accurately and staff are able to
make use of earned leave.
* Supervisor is accessible to assigned staff and they are kept well
informed of departmental and center happenings.
* Supervisor applies the performance improvement (disciplinary)
process consistently and in accordance with center policy. Utilizes
a ?plus one? approach to minimize risk.
* Ensure direct reports are aware of and adhere to Center policies
Keywords: Spindletop Center, Beaumont , Behavioral Health RN Team Lead $62,544.24-$68,343.50/Annually - Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!