Patient Rep I Clinic- PRN
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: October 5, 2018
Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff. May assist with various duties within the business office. Verifies insurance benefits and assists with referrals. May prepare checks for deposits.
1. Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner.
2. Checks in patients, verifies and updates necessary information in the medical record; enters patient demographics and insurance information into the computer. Assists patients with completing all necessary forms. Assists patients with ambulatory difficulties. Notifies the nurse when a patient is ready.
3. May be required to maintain appropriate levels of cash and balance cash drawer per company procedure.
4. May process payments received in person and by mail. Records, totals and prepares monies for deposit according to company procedure.
5. May be responsible for cross-checking tickets and correcting all detected errors; notifies supervisor and patient of corrections. Reconciles daily charge tickets within established guidelines.
6. Refers patients to supervisor or Accounts Receivable representative for clarification or discussion of account and/or payment terms, within the guidelines of the collections policy.
7. Participates with other staff to follow up on accounts until no balance or the account is turned over for collection. This will be performed within the guidelines of the collections policies.
8. Operation and maintenance of credit and collection equipment and supplies inventory.
Maintains appropriate supply inventory.
9. The following duties may also be performed:
a. Maintains appointment book, either manually or electronically, and follows office scheduling policies.
b. Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides information.
c. Files charts, coordinates lab work, physician's report, etc. Places transcription in appropriate medical record accurately and in a timely manner; tracks transcription to insure that dictation is transcribed and properly located in the correct medical record.
d. Assists supervisor with other administrative duties such as preparing check requests, calculating employee time cards, etc.
10. Types correspondence as directed. Sorts and delivers mail, medical records, and other correspondence.
11. Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information.
12. Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner.
13. Attends meetings as required.
14. Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
15. Maintains strict confidentiality.
16. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
17. Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
18. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
19. Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
20. Performs other related work as required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer one year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
Knowledge of medical terminology desirable. Word processing and computer experience. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well.
Must be very organized with the ability to perform multiple tasks in a busy environment.
Professional medical records documentation and writing skills preferred. Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch, telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine. Ability to type 40 wpm preferred.
Keywords: Christus Health, Beaumont , Patient Rep I Clinic- PRN, Healthcare , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!