Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Posted on: June 14, 2019
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE (LVN)
Beaumont, College St, TX (3565 College St.)
General Position Description:
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible for ensuring the
well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive
environment for patients and other staff while working in
conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office
and clinical staff. The successful LVN will have sound clinical
acumen, strong communication skills and a dedication to customer
service and patient care.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
* Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and
models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, and Friendly.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is
clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of
* Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each customer
feel informed, understood, and special.
* An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and
feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
* Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks
and challenges with energy and passion.
* Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of
success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
* Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists the practitioner with examinations, procedures, and other
duties. Responsible for screening and accurate detailed clinical
intake of patients and updating medical records.
* Perform medical treatment as ordered by provider or established
MedExpress standing orders.
* Prepare and assist licensed medical provider with dispensing
prescribed medications (in States where applicable).
* At the direction of the medical provider must have the ability to
prepare and administer all prescribed medications including, but
not limited to, IV medications and fluid administration, IM, SQ,
PO, and intradermal medication administration (per applicable State
regulations and MedExpress guidelines).
* Complete detailed and comprehensive data collection upon clinical
intake, including appropriate evaluation of chief complaint,
medication Hx, PMH, allergies, social Hx, etc.
* Assists the provider with examinations, procedures and other
* Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow, assisting and
participating in all aspects of patient care for all patients
within the center.
* Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen
collection, exam preparation, etc.
* Complete occupational health testing including such services as
urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and
* Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches
* Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive,
supportive environment for patients and other staff.
* Complete patient referrals daily.
* Assist the provider with calling patients and informing them of
normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider.
* Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and/or paper based
documentation for all assessments and procedures.
* Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by
* Maintains HIPAA compliance at all times.
* Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types
of procedures, etc.
Learning and Ongoing Education:
* Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT UDS, BAT, hair
testing, and other occupational health services as assigned, and
support clinical staff as they also meet their obligation to
maintain certification and provide services.
* Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures and
participate in training and mentoring of other clinical staff
* Completes clinical competency evaluation/review as determined by
* Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position
according to MedExpress policy.
* Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of
* Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to
establish a safe work environment.
* Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
* Complete all assigned training.
Center Readiness and Maintenance:
* Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and
machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all
* Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
* Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e.
OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
* Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care
Accreditation site assessment requirements.
* Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper
storage of biohazards.
* Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according
* Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between
patient visits to maintain infection control.
* Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping
* Work collaboratively with Area Clinical Leadership to complete
administrative assignments, as time allows and knowledge base
supports, such as chart audits, supply inventory, quality assurance
* Clinical Operations Managers and Directors.
* Center Manager, center staffed based team-members including
providers and non-providers.
* Administrative clinical partners.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Licensed
Vocational Nursing. Current state LVN licensure and BLS/CPR
* At least two (2) years of clinical experience in direct patient
care required with strong preference for experience in Urgent Care,
Emergency Room or Critical Care setting.
* Required to maintain CEU/CNEs as applicable for licensure.
* Current IV Certification required (per State regulations).
* Experience with venous access devices for medication
* Ability to perform venipuncture and lab specimen collections.
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and
regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and
applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical
* Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex
and confidential patient issues and situations.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in
clinical management settings.
* Perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics
and conduct of the applicable State Board of Nursing and other such
* Able to meet the needs of the patient by processing requests and
referrals, providing efficient follow up with the patient,
pharmacy, or other entity, as needed.
* Strong commitment to Customer Service and Excellence in
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and
appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will
not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age,
race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, status with respect to public assistance or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Keywords: MedExpress, Beaumont , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Healthcare , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!