Registered Nurse Hospital in Beaumont, Texas - Careers at CHRISTUS Dubuis Hospital of Beaumont
Company: CHRISTUS Dubuis Hospital of Beaumont
Posted on: September 8, 2019
The Registered Nurse (RN) assumes full nursing responsibility for
the delivery of care to all patients in the hospital. Continuously
evaluates personal and professional performance and makes necessary
changes to increase productivity and quality of care delivered.
Adheres to and supports the policies/procedures/goals/objectives of
the hospital in an attempt to provide quality patient care. Strives
for independence and strong sound decision making in delivery of
health care, and does so in a cost-effective manner without
compromising quality of care and techniques. Develops the patient
plan of care and implements treatment strategies that are based on
scientific nursing theory related to self-care and that promote
physical, psychosocial, and spiritual health. Maintains patient
confidentiality at all times. Possesses good communication skills,
both verbally and written.
Christus Dubuis Hospital , a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Possesses the specialized knowledge and clinical skills
necessary to provide care for people with physical disability and
- Shares information about the disease processes and underlying
disabilities with other nurses and team members
- Performs hands-on nursing care by utilizing the nursing process
to achieve quality outcomes for the patients.
- Initiates and completes a nursing assessment within the
specified time frame, according to hospital policy.
- Assesses the physical, psychological, socio-cultural, and
spiritual dimensions of patients and their families, as well as
their educational and discharge needs in order to formulate a plan
- Implements a plan of care based upon recognized functional
needs/problem lists, and modifies the plan of care as needed, to
achieve measurable goals and objectives.
- Develops goals in collaboration with patients, their families,
and the team, that are oriented to wellness behavior and are
reality based and encourage socialization with others.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team process at team
conferences and other team meetings and offers input into team
- Intervenes with team members and other healthcare professionals
to ensure the optimal recovery is made available to the
- Collaborates with team members to achieve cost-effective care
by utilizing appropriate clinical measures to meet the patient's
- Documents nursing interventions, changes in the patient's
condition, physician visits, etc., on the nurses daily flow sheet,
according to the hospital policy and procedures.
- Administers medications according to hospital policy and
procedures within the designated time frames.
- Possesses knowledge of ventilator settings/parameters and
- Demonstrates the ability to assess a situation, consider
alternatives and choose appropriate courses of action with a
- Demonstrates an ability to perform duties in a manner
consistent with the patient's Bill of Rights.
- Demonstrates the ability to delegate and supervise nursing
tasks to LPNs, CNAs and clerks as indicated.
- Recognizes emergency situations and responds appropriately
using current ACLS protocols.
- Teaches nursing techniques to help patients and their families
develop self care skills necessary to move toward wellness on the
- Prepares patients and families for future decision making
responsibilities by fostering their independence and goal
- Reinforces teaching done by the other team members and provides
resource materials for the patient's changing needs.
- Provides in-services education as needed to patients and their
families in regard to disease processes
- Assists with the education of the nursing staff in regards to
patient care issues and disease processes by conducting one
in-service at least every six months.
- Dietary management responsibilities include supervising and/or
delegating the supervision of patient tray checks for accuracy of
each diet ordered, portion sizes of all three meals each day for
each patient; reports discrepancies in the patient's meal and/or
meal service to the Registered Dietician and if necessary, ensures
that the correct tray is re-ordered and delivered to the patient in
a timely manner.
Formal Education: Associate Degree or certification equivalent
Experience: Less than 6 months
- Registered Nurse from an accredited school of nursing.
- ICU experience, preferred.
- CPR certification.
- ACLS certification
- Current RN license in the state of practice
- CCRN/PCCN certification, preferred
- Knowledge of general nursing theory/practice and the ability to
supervise and delegate to LPNs, CNAs, and other support staff as
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: CHRISTUS Dubuis Hospital of Beaumont, Beaumont , Registered Nurse Hospital in Beaumont, Texas - Careers at CHRISTUS Dubuis Hospital of Beaumont, Healthcare , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!