Sr. HR Associate
Company: Arkema Americas
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Location:Beaumont, TX, United StatesEmployment Type:
RegularCategory: AdministrationPosting Date: Dec 16, 2020The
Beaumont Plant is located in Southeast Texas about 30 miles inland
from the Gulf of Mexico and is about one hour drive east of
Houston. Our facility is responsible for the production of methyl
mercaptan, ethyl mercaptan, dimethyl sulfide (DMS) and
methylmercaptoproprionaldehyde (MMP).Arkema is currently seeking a
professional Sr. Human Resources Associate to support our Beaumont
facility. This position reports directly to the Human Resources
Manager. The role is responsible for day-to-day administration of
HR functions. The Sr. Human Resources Associate will work with the
HR Manager to process bi-weekly payroll, benefits, HR
administration, compliance and retention programs in a fast-paced
manufacturing environment.This position requires flexibility with
assigned duties as well as willingness to take on new tasks. The
following attributes are required of the successful candidate:
entrepreneurial mind-set, hands-on, willing to go the extra
distance to meet employee/customer expectations, effective
communicator with ability to develop successful relationships with
employees.The following responsibilities are include, but are not
- Maintains, processes and verifies HR data in SAP HRMS,
completes all e-forms, generates various reports ensuring high
level of integrity and accuracy.
- Processes bi-weekly hourly and salary payroll for the Beaumont
- Assist employees with benefit questions and escalate requests
as necessary in a professional and confidential nature.
- Manages onboarding process, coordinates background checks,
pre-hire testing and orientation schedules.
- Provides plant administration of Disability / FMLA cases and
coordinates return to work process.
- Assists with employee meetings (new hire orientation, open
enrollment) and employee communications.
- Maintains compliance with management of HR including tracking
and maintaing employee files, etc.
- Participates in HR related audit activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.Required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field preferred; HR
Certification preferred (SHRM or HRCI).
- 3-5 years HR administrative experience in a manufacturing
- General knowledge of local, federal, state employment
- Understanding of HR policy and procedures.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task and work
well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills to include: MS Word, PowerPoint,
Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to handle a broad range of tasks including coaching and
counseling, resolving conflict assisting employees with
interpretation of policies and procedures.
- SAP and Kronos experience preferred.
- Excellent organization skills with meticulous attention to
detail.Building on its unique set of expertise in materials
science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to
address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With
the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty
Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary,
resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty
Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating
Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a
well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema
offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges
of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling,
urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with
all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of ---8.7 billion
($9.7 billion) in 2019, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500
employees worldwide.Arkema Inc. provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence.Job Segment: Genetics, ERP, Coating, SAP, Payroll, Science,
Technology, Manufacturing, Finance
Keywords: Arkema Americas, Beaumont , Sr. HR Associate, Human Resources , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!