CMC Licensed Vocational Nurse (29000)
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: March 18, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: To provide competent age and specialty appropriate
nursing care in various correctional facilities within the scope of
their education and demonstrated abilities. MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL
- Contributes to the success of UTMB Health Care Systems
- Provides direct nursing care to assigned patients.
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing, and
evaluating the nursing care given.
- Performs admission, discharge, and transfer procedures.
- Uses the nursing plan of care in daily assignments, able to
review, and, under supervision, modify the plan of care.
- Demonstrates ability to observe and record the signs, symptoms,
and behaviors including the physiological status of patients,
presents proposed revision of interventions, and desired
- Delivers the designated nursing interventions to assigned
patients that are consistent with the stated medical plan of
- Notifies appropriate nursing and medical staff of changes in
patient status; recognizes patient care priorities,
multidisciplinary treatment plans, and potential patient care
- Follows physician's orders in the delivery of nursing
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality of information
and records at all times.
- Safely and properly administers medications and
- Executes written physician's orders for assigned patients.
- Assembles equipment and supplies for various diagnostic or
treatment procedures in the specialty service area; performs or
assists others with procedures or treatments.
- Adheres to required infection control, isolation procedures,
and aseptic techniques in the delivery of patient care.
- Documents nursing care in all assigned patient records.
- Completes other job related assignments as assigned.
- Adheres to internal controls established for the
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and/or in written
- Customer service orientation and values.
- Ability to negotiate solutions and outcomes.
- Team player.
- Ability to maximize people and financial resources.
- Ability to work in partnership with management and staff
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from a Licensed Vocational Nurse program and
licensure/permit as a vocational nurse in the state of Texas.
- Minimum 2 yrs. experience in an inpatient acute care
- Current BLS certification obtained through American Heart
Association (AHA) EQUIPMENT:
- Standard patient care supplies, equipment, and mechanical
devices. WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Standard hospital environment.
- May require heavy lifting, pushing or pulling in excess of
fifty pounds. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, hand/ finger dexterity, and type on a
computer keyboard. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include regularly working on a Visual Display Terminal (VDT), close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Includes intermittent physical activity
such as bending, reaching and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. OTHER
- Specific job requirements or physical location of some
positions allocated to this classification, may render this
position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions
of Section 51.215, Texas Education Code. --
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Beaumont , CMC Licensed Vocational Nurse (29000), Other , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!