Job ID: 239160
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction
company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH
Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates
producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's
growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200
This position works hand in hand with the laborer position to
complete jobs. While the position primarily consists of operating
heavy machinery, there is also laborer job functions that need to
be completed as necessary.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment, including
pavers, dozers, (grade hand) roller, track hoe, backhoe roller,
loader, blade, etc.
- Be familiar with and incorporate information derived from the
manuals for the individual equipment being operated.
- Be familiar with the equipment and Daily Equipment
- Communicate with Project Manager/Foreperson as to the daily job
specifications; operate the equipment in a safe and responsible
- Perform daily pre-start up procedures; i.e. note the service
due date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used
is in good running order, complete Daily Equipment Checklist
- Discuss with supervisor the anticipated production, type of
materials being moved, number of trucks, etc.
- Be aware of other equipment working on the project and
coordinate to work with the other equipment.
- When possible, leave the equipment in a place that is readily
accessible to the Equipment Mover.
- Keep equipment clean. Wiping down equipment not only promotes
positive public image, but enables the operator to inspect the
equipment close range.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions with or without
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Be able to communicate appropriately with direct reports,
co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Minimum five year experience.
- Be knowledgeable of materials and equipment needed to perform
- Related experience in construction field (desired)
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work long hours when required.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist
co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid
driver's license with a good driving record.
- May be required to have or acquire a CDL as necessary
- Be at least age 18 years of age.
- Previous knowledge of heavy equipment desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or
balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The position will be primarily outside in
the elements and may be required to work in inclement weather as
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance
vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
This position requires an employee to lift:
0 - 10 lbs
10 - 25 lbs
25 - 50 lbs
50 - 100 lbs
- Majority of work will be performed outside in conditions that
may be extreme in temperature and condition.
The statements included in this job description are not intended
to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be
assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Please complete your online application and profile which
will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you
for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2021