Manager - Operations
Company: Energy Transfer Equity
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Manage Plant and Fieldmechanical and process operations to meet
production expectations and maintain all operating parameters
within limits of equipment design.
- Manage day-to-day plant and pipeline systemoperations to meet
required production rates and monitors operating data to minimize
problems and downtime.
- Under minimal supervision, performs tasks required for
efficient operation of all functions in a natural gas processing
plant and pipeline systems, including the cryogenic plant, amine
treating plant, glycol and mole-sieve dehydration systems, tank
farm, utilities, engines/compressors, PD and centrifugal pumps, and
other plant and pipeline functions, systems, and equipment.
Responsible for ensuring proper flows, temperatures, pressures, and
levels. Recognizes operating deviations and takes appropriate
- Ensures that established regulatory environmental and safety
standards are maintained, all emergency response activities and
decisions relative to the safety of the plant.
- Manages subordinates in performing their job duties in a safe
and efficient manner. Administers performance reviews for
subordinates and administers disciplinary action when warranted.
Ensures all departmental manuals are kept current.
- Develops and administers training courses pertinent to
Operations to ensure personnel qualifications are maintained to
comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains operational procedures to ensure a safe
and efficient operation.
- Ensures operating parameters are within the limits of the
design of the equipment.
- Conduct regular safety meetings, help coordinate safety and
environmental training, and manage required periodic safety and
Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training
- 8+ years industry experience required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong commitment to safety, environmental, and regulatory
programs and leading by example
- Ability to function as PSM lead or to work closely with Plant
Supervisor and PSM Coordinator
- Must have working knowledge of natural gas engines, various
compressor packages and Propane compression
- Understanding of plant liquids, liquid stabilizer and
NGL/Liquid Amine treating
- Ethylene Glycol treating system and regeneration
- Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer or Thermal Oxidizer
- Must be familiar with flare reporting system
- Must live within 55 minutes of the plant
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Plant DCS/Delta V and
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong team and customer focus orientation
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Operation of Acid Gas Injection
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Driving, walking, and standing frequently
- Exposure to adverse weather, cramped conditions and some heavy
- Visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include
exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme
temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate
personal protective equipment
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
Keywords: Energy Transfer Equity, Beaumont , Manager - Operations, Other , Brookeland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!