Company: Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Dow is seeking an Operator at the Orange, Texas location within
Sabine River Operations (SRO).
Operates assigned equipment or areas of the Plant. Performs and
reports on operational related activities per the Operations
Dashboard (OPD)-Tasks List. Utilizes discretionary time to enable
sustainable performance results for the facility. Utilizes
operations knowledge and experience, to proactively operate the
plant in a safe, reliable and optimal manner. Works with Shift Team
members to efficiently anticipate and resolve unplanned events
within the capabilities of the shift team and effectively escalates
issues that cannot be resolved to the appropriate support roles.
Trains other less experienced operators. Requires broadened
technical skills in analytical/scientific methods or operational
processes to perform a defined array of activities. May act as an
informal resource for team members with less experience.
- Follows Operating Discipline policies, principles, procedures,
standards and practices to ensure safe, reliable and efficient
operation of assigned plant areas. Ensures adequate operating
discipline is available for all planned and unplanned
- Operates and field checks process equipment. Monitors process
conditions, key performance metrics, equipment and control systems
and makes appropriate decisions to maintain and/or achieve desired
rates and conditions aligned with Plant/Site/Business goals.
- Performs scheduled operational and related tasks and tasks that
arise as a result of resolving unplanned events.
- Works with shift team members and other shift teams to leverage
skills and knowledge to balance workload ensuring assigned tasks
are completed by due dates.
- Conducts effective shift relief, as defined in facility
specific operating discipline and tools, to ensure effective
communication and handoff to arriving shift team.
- Maintains qualification in assigned areas, per facility policy,
and completes training goals in a timely manner. This includes
using discretionary time to address skills and knowledge gaps.
- Mentors and trains new and existing operations personnel on
process operation, troubleshooting and the use of operating
discipline in alignment to plant's training process.
- Performs Immediate Response activities, as assigned.
- Initiates and documents preliminary investigations according to
plant specific process/criteria and participates in formal and
informal Root Cause Investigations for events involved in or by
- Tracks and utilizes the plant's key performance metrics on
shift that are applicable to the Operating the Plant role to
optimize operations and identify improvement opportunities. Uses
process knowledge and skills to make improvements in plant
performance and operating discipline. Proactively identifies
improvements and opportunities utilizing the facility improvement
processes, appropriate management of change processes and
- Performs Autonomous Maintenance, including minor repairs and
preventative maintenance, utilizing appropriate policies,
procedures, processes and disciplines. Note: Subject to local
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance
for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses
incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a
position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will
be responsible for all costs that you incur.
- This position is rotating shift work.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must be willing to work weekends, and holidays, if
- Must be willing to work overtime (extra hours beyond your
regular scheduled) if required.
- Must have a current, valid US driver's license
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the
ability to work legally in the United States. No visa
sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for
any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel
- SAP experience is also preferred.
- A minimum of 1 or more years of experience in an Operations
role within a Chemical Manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a desire to learn and develop technical skills to
keep current with changing operations.
- Able to communicate well, verbally and in writing, and have
strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them
- Have a high regard for personal safety and the safety of
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without an
- Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and
- Wear and use respirators.
- Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Work in tight or closed-in spaces.
- Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground.
- Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. To qualify, you
must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for
someone who weighs 300 pounds or less.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
And must meet one of the following:
- An Associate degree or higher in Process Technology, or a
related field of study. OR
- Four (4) or more years of military training/experience in a
relevant field. OR
- Four (4) or more years of experience in an Operations role
within a Chemical Manufacturing environment.
This role will have an assessment to complete during the
application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete
the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to
save your application for later.
Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on
the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base
pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your
passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow
is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for
race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact
us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us
or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.
Keywords: Dow Chemical Company, Beaumont , Operator, Other , Orange, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!