The mission of Correctional Managed Care is to address the
healthcare needs of underserved patient populations within the
Texas Department of Criminal Justice and the Texas Juvenile Justice
Directs the management of nursing services and the supervision
of the professional and ancillary staff on a correctional facility.
Interprets, implements and monitors standards for health services
in compliance with ACA standards and UTMB Correctional Managed Care
systems policies and departmental procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Contribute to the success of the UTMB Correctional Managed Care
- Provides leadership and direction for the facility nursing
- Provides regular communication of information to facility staff
regarding unit operational, regional and system-wide issues.
- Ensures the delivery of competent and safe patient care, 24
hours per day, seven days per week.
- Participates in budget formulation and management.
- Ensures facility compliance with institutional, professional,
regulatory, and governmental standards.
- Assures that all staff are oriented to and competent in the
performance of their duties.
- Develops and implements quality assurance/improvement program
at the facility.
- Implements utilization management programs at the
- Assumes 24 hour responsibility and accountability for the
operation of the facility.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Standard patient care supplies, equipment and mechanical
Located within the confines of a prison, jail or juvenile
detention center. Security clearance is required; pre-employment
drug testing is also required.
Graduation from an approved school of nursing. Must possess and
maintain a valid, current license approved by the Texas Board of
Master's degree in Nursing or a related field with two (2) years
of nursing supervisory experience.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing with three (3) years of nursing
Associate's degree or diploma in Nursing with four (4) years of
nursing supervisory experience.
Twenty-four (24) hour accountability is required of this
Salary is commensurate with years of relevant work
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals