Digital Audience Development Manager
Company: Hearst Communications
Posted on: June 12, 2021
THIS ROLE CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS
- Digital Audience Development Manager responsible for growing
audience through coordinating coverage of regional digital
reporters in Texas.
- Working with Director of Audience Development to develop and
implement audience growth strategies resulting in increased site
visits and subscriptions.
Operational Duties - Hearst Community Newspapers
- Oversees, directs and coaches breaking news "go" team in Texas
with the goal of growing audience visits to all of our sites.
- Plans, assigns and directs work product of digital reporters on
- Works with Audience Director to develop strategy for both top
of funnel and subscriber activation.
- Oversees development and production of newsletters designed to
drive top of funnel traffic.
- Work with digital producers, editors and writers on innovative
packages and new ways of storytelling that drive subscriber starts,
engagement and retention.
- Work with Community Group Publishers to develop and implement
digital subscription and audience growth strategies and oversee
tactical implementation of said strategies.
What will it take to be successful?
- A media visionary with experience in digital content
production, particularly in small to midsize local markets
- A complete and thorough understanding of how content platforms
- Knowledge on the most recent trends in online publishing and
digital readership trends
- Ability to nurture talent and identify key hires to accomplish
- An ability to take and give constructive criticism
- Passion and belief in local, regional and statewide journalism
and its role as a societal change agent
- An ability to balance news values with what drives digital
metrics, and a recognition that without the first, the later will
- Familiarity and experience in using audience metrics to drive
tactical as well as strategic decisions on content production and
- Familiarity with CSS and basic HTML
- Experience in social media as a vehicle to drive traffic,
increase reader engagement and build brand
- Experience in identifying, spearheading, developing and
maintaining external relationships
- Understanding of the basic media laws and ethics
Keywords: Hearst Communications, Beaumont , Digital Audience Development Manager, Other , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!