Quality Welding Inspector II
Company: Zachry Holdings, Inc.
Location: Sabine Pass
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Quality Welding Inspector II
SABINE PASS, TX, US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Quality Welding
Inspector II for new construction work at our Golden Pass LNG
project located in Sabine Pass, TX.
Welding inspectors perform visual inspections on welded products
and structures in progress and on completed jobs. Visual
inspections search for defects in the weld such as cracks and pits.
The inspector uses magnification to find defects that potentially
weaken the strength of the joint. Inspectors measure welded
products to ensure that they meet specifications for dimension. The
certified weld inspector uses stress equipment to put stress on
weld joints. The results of a stress test determine if the weld
will hold up under stressful conditions. Inspectors also check the
weld machine setup and the welding techniques of welders on work in
progress to ensure the quality of the work. Welding inspectors
record the results of tests and welding inspections.
- Reviews project requirements, determines minimal requirements
and procedures, schedules and coordinates required examinations,
inspections, or tests for the discipline or project segment
- Performs examinations, inspections, or tests as required by
project management and/or client/owner.
- Coordinates training, craft testing and/or trains personnel
regarding required construction procedures and proper use of tools,
- Provides technical assistance to project management in
selecting optimum construction procedures and/or techniques to meet
- Provides technical assistance to project management regarding
the selection of tools, instruments, and test equipment to assist
in the project quality control effort.
- Assists project management in the selection and/or testing of
personnel to perform specific work activities to assist in ensuring
work meets project requirements.
- Schedules examinations, inspections, or tests as required by
- Coordinates examination, inspection, and test plans with
project management and client representatives.
- Completes and maintains inspection, test, examination, and
Quality Control Records.
- Assures implementation of job site Q.C. Program.
Required Qualifications - Essential Skills, Knowledge, and
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others - team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF'ed employee.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- Former QC experience.
Keywords: Zachry Holdings, Inc., Beaumont , Quality Welding Inspector II, Other , Sabine Pass, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!