Security Officer Armed
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: May 10, 2022
DescriptionSummary:Uniformed position, Armed Security Officer's
duties include being a visible deterrent to criminal activity,
providing security for patients, Associates and visitors,
protecting and patrolling hospital buildings, assets and premises
as assigned. The Armed Security Officer is responsible for
responding to all emergency codes, internal/external disaster
events as needed and/or requested, conducting preliminary
investigations of reported incidents, and performing other security
related tasks as directed by a security supervisor/and or Manager.
The Armed Security Officer must have flexibility in hours and be
able to rotate between facilities including travel whenever
necessary.A. Conducts frequent security patrols of the facilities
and grounds as assigned.B. Identifies and reports trends related to
security issues. Recommends actions.C. Takes initial information
for an incident report, uses proper grammar, spelling, punctuation,
notes only the facts, leaving out personal opinions and submits
report in a timely manner (no later than the end of assigned
shift).D. Responds promptly to all service requests relayed by
supervisor, telephone, pass-on, e-mail, radio, cell phone and other
correspondence in a courteous and expeditious manner.E. Responds to
the collection, inventory and return of lost and found items,
patient valuables, medication and personal property according to
policy.F. Enforces all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
of CHRISTUS Health and the laws of the state in which CHRISTUS is
doing business.G. Controls and enforces facility parking through
the use of patrols, violation warning citations, towing, booting
and explanation of rules as applicable.H. Assists
clinical/non-clinical Associates with combative patients or
visitors.I. Demonstrates competence to perform assigned client care
responsibilities in a way that meets the age-specific and
developmental needs of persons served by the department.J.
Demonstrates proficiency and knowledge in the operation of the
Attendant Console, Paging System, security radio/dispatch system,
operations of the Digital Video Recorder (NVR) security monitors
(CCTV) and the general overhead paging system.K. Must be proficient
with the use of a PC to generate electronic daily activity security
reports, incident reports, emails and other applicable electronic
correspondence during the performance of duties.L. Promotes a safe
environment by reporting safety hazards observed (broken
water/sprinkler lines, burned out internal/external lighting,
smoke/gas odors, tripping hazards, etc) during the performance of
security rounds.M. Appropriately adapts assigned client assessment,
treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the physical,
cultural, age-specific, and other developmental needs of each
person served. N. Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of
CHRISTUS Health.O. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to interact appropriately with all staff,
patients and visitors, especially under difficult
- Must be mentally alert at all time
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able to make immediate decisions with regard to laws,
policies and procedures.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a motor vehicle
- Demonstrated competence with hand gun, hand cuffs, baton,
non-crisis intervention certification and two-way radios.
- Frequent exposure to aggressive behavior and emotionally
- Occasional exposure to hazardous conditions such as fires,
chemical spills, and flooding.
- Frequent exposure to heat and cold from external weather
- Long periods of walking, standing, stooping, and lifting.
- Must be physically fit and able to walk all areas of the
facilities and grounds, to restrain those who need restraint and be
able to assist nursing staff with lifting patients of all
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Must be able to handle personal stress and possible
- CHRISTUS Approved uniforms must be worn in accordance with
dress code requirements.
- Prefer minimum two (2) years of armed security experience (may
substituted by Honorable Military Service).
- Law enforcement experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred.
- If candidate completes CHRISTUS Health Level 3 training School,
2-year minimum requirement is waived.
- Level 3 Certification (Texas).
- For positions in the state of Texas, an active level three
security officer commission with the Texas Department of Public
Safety Private Security Bureau (TDPSPSB) is required.
- Requires and active level three security officer commission
with the New Mexico Private Investigations Advisory Board.
- Requires an active Louisiana Armed Security License in
- New hires in Texas who have completed the security commission
course with (TDPSPSB) must obtain their security commission prior
to date of hire and; 1) the officer's commission card is active 2)
the officer's commission card is in the possession of the security
officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a
letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the
- Verbal De-escalation training must be completed within 60 days
- Expandable Baton training, defensive tactics training, firearms
training, weapon qualification, and firearms retention training
must be completed prior to letter of authorization to carry is
- IAHSS Basic Security Certification must be completed within one
year of full time employment.
- Successful completion of all pre-employment and post offer
assessments to include the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality
Inventory -2 (MMPI-2-RF-PCIR); the California Psychological
Inventory (CPI); the Police and Public Safety Selection Report
(PPSSR); the Personal Experience Inventory (PEI) and a clinical
interview by a third personal psychologist.
- Will be required to take random drug test screening.
- Valid Drivers' license
- The following FEMA Emergency Management Institute Courses must
be completed (online or in seat):
- IS - 100.c
- IS - 200.b
- IS - 230.d -Work Type: -Full Time
Keywords: Christus Health, Beaumont , Security Officer Armed, Other , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!