Competency Assurance and Training Coordinator
Company: Golden Pass LNG
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Summary / Purpose With a vision to be the premier LNG
exporter in North America, Golden Pass LNG is adding natural gas
liquefaction and export capabilities to the existing LNG terminal.
Golden Pass LNGs mission is to bring clean energy from Texas to
power the world. To help enable this vision and mission, Golden
Pass is seeking the expertise of an experienced Technical Trainer /
Competency Assessor with energy and manufacturing experience to
join our dynamic work environment within a growing business. The
Technical Trainer / Competency Assessor is responsible for
preparing, conducting, and evaluating technical training and
competency programs. Writes literature and materials to be used in
programs and designs exercises to enhance lectures at the Sabine
Pass LNG facility. The Technical Trainer/ Competency Assessor will
conduct and grade competency assessments in the field. The
Technical Trainer/ Competency Assessor must have broad knowledge of
operations & maintenance fundamentals and work practices,
regulatory landscape & compliance, learning management systems, as
well as planning & scheduling. This position will report to the
Training Supervisor at the Sabine Pass facility. Essential Duties /
- Responsible for preparing, conducting, and evaluating Golden
Pass LNG training programs. Writes literature and materials to be
used in programs and designs exercises to enhance lectures.
- Assist in the management of the training and competency
assurance management system in accordance with business needs,
regulatory requirements, and quality assurance.
- Ensure strong alignment, coordination and partnership with HR
Talent Management, Recruiting, and Business Partners on key
training and development initiatives and programs.
- Oversee, determine and coordinate training schedules and
programs to ensure they are delivered on time and according to
- Assess training needs for qualification requirements and
- Assist in coordination of Emergency Response Team training
- Develop Training Curricula, Training Strategies, Instructor's
Guides, Student Workbooks, Training Manuals, User's Guides and
Quick Reference Guides.
- Oversee the process of assuring qualified pool of field
competency assessors and steward key metrics and system
- Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout
a course life cycle.
- Plan and direct classroom training, electronic learning,
multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional
technologies, simulators, conferences and workshops.
- Evaluate internal training curriculum and delivery options,
while understanding external vendors to supplement with specific /
targeted training needs (i.e. certifications, topical SMEs,
- Ability to assess participants capabilities and learning styles
and be flexible to adapt / modify presentations as needed to
maximize learning and/or knowledge retention and transfer.
- Steward program performance, completion, evaluation records,
and perform LMS input functions.
- Align and partner with Line Management to deliver Instructional
System Design functions as required by department(s).
- Provide expertise and measurement for the Golden Pass
Management System, especially in the personnel, training and
development areas Minimum Requirements Minimum education required
of the position.
- Associates degree or Certification in Instructional Design or
Education preferred or equivalent experience. Minimum experience
required of the position.
- 7 years in industrial facilities, training programs, or similar
industry. A minimum of 2 years of experience with curriculum and
training development and presentation
- Field operations experience in LNG, manufacturing or midstream
operations, outside first line supervisor / step-up roles, and/or
shift leadership experience is preferred)
- Ability to engage and align effectively with service provider
requirements and expectations
- Working knowledge of safety, regulatory, and operations
compliance / requirements
- Experience in OSHA, EPA, FERC, DOT, and PHMSA rules and
- Strong logistics, time management, planning and scheduling
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a environment.
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organization with
individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects.
- Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite including Word,
Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Learning Management Software administration
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential
(TWIC) card in good standing status. Minimum knowledge, skills and
abilities required of the position.
- Ability to engage, coordinate and communicate effectively at
all levels of the business and make meaningful connections with
operations and maintenance team members
- Effective presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong teamwork, able to work with multi-functional teams with
the ability to provide direct support and coaching
- Experience with training process analysis, coordination,
design, validation, evaluation and implementation
- Knowledge of / competent with developing training programs and
materials to support employee development and organizational
development Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the
- N/A Working Conditions
- Normal office environment with some travel.
- Office Environment within LNG Operations Site
- Job role will involve wearing personal protective equipment in
hot or cold weather climate while in the designated field
locations. Physical Requirements
- Typical office physical requirements
- May involve or require walking longer distances and / or
climbing stairs in designated field site locations. Other - Not all
aspects of the job are covered by the description may require other
duties as assigned. - Job may change over time in accordance with
business needs. - Job description does not guarantee employment. -
Golden Pass LNG is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Golden Pass LNG, Beaumont , Competency Assurance and Training Coordinator, Other , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!