Security Officer Armed
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Uniformed position at all times. Armed Security Officer's duties
include being a visible deterrent to criminal activity, providing
security for patients, Associates and visitors, protecting and
patrolling hospital buildings, assets and premises as assigned. The
Armed Security Officer is responsible for responding to all
emergency codes, internal/external disaster events as needed and/or
requested, conducting preliminary investigations of reported
incidents, and performing other security related tasks as directed
by a security supervisor/and or Manager. The Armed Security Officer
must have flexibility in hours and be able to rotate between
facilities including travel whenever necessary.
- Conducts frequent security patrols of the facilities and
grounds as assigned.
- Identifies and reports trends related to security issues.
- Takes initial information for an incident report, uses proper
grammar, spelling, punctuation, notes only the facts, leaving out
personal opinions and submits report in a timely manner (no later
than the end of assigned shift).
- Responds promptly to all service requests relayed by
supervisor, telephone, pass-on, e-mail, radio, cell phone and other
correspondence in a courteous and expeditious manner.
- Responds to the collection, inventory and return of lost and
found items, patient valuables, medication and personal property
according to policy.
- Enforces all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of
CHRISTUS Health and the laws of the state in which CHRISTUS is
- Controls and enforces facility parking through the use of
patrols, violation warning citations, towing, booting and
explanation of rules as applicable.
- Assists clinical/non-clinical Associates with combative
patients or visitors.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned client care
responsibilities in a way that meets the age-specific and
developmental needs of persons served by the department.
- Demonstrates proficiency and knowledge in the operation of the
Attendant Console, Paging System, security radio/dispatch system,
operations of the Digital Video Recorder (NVR) security monitors
(CCTV) and the general overhead paging system.
- Must be proficient with the use of a PC to generate electronic
daily activity security reports, incident reports, emails and other
applicable electronic correspondence during the performance of
- Promotes a safe environment by reporting safety hazards
observed (broken water/sprinkler lines, burned out
internal/external lighting, smoke/gas odors, tripping hazards, etc)
during the performance of security rounds.
- Appropriately adapts assigned client assessment, treatment
and/or care methods to accommodate the physical, cultural,
age-specific, and other developmental needs of each person
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to interact appropriately with all staff,
patients and visitors, especially under difficult
- Must be mentally alert at all times.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able to make immediate decisions with regard to laws,
policies and procedures.
- Must have/ maintain valid motor vehicle license.
- Demonstrated competence with hand gun, hand cuffs, baton,
non-crisis intervention certification and two-way radios.
- Frequent exposure to aggressive behavior and emotionally
- Occasional exposure to hazardous conditions such as fires,
chemical spills, and flooding.
- Frequent exposure to heat and cold from external weather
- Long periods of walking, standing, stooping, and lifting.
- Must be physically fit and able to walk all areas of the
facilities and grounds, to restrain those who need restraint and be
able to assist nursing staff with lifting patients of all
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Must be able to handle personal stress and possible
- CHRISTUS Approved uniforms must be worn in accordance with
dress code requirements.
- Prefer minimum two (2) years of armed security experience (may
substituted by Honorable Military Service).
- Law enforcement experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred.
- If candidate completes CHRISTUS Health Level 3 training School,
2-year minimum requirement is waived.
- Level 3 Certification (Texas).
- For positions in the state of Texas, an active level three
security officer commission with the Texas Department of Public
Safety Private Security Bureau (TDPSPSB) is required.
- New hires in Texas who have completed the security commission
course with (TDPSPSB) must obtain their security commission prior
to date of hire and; 1) the officer's commission card is active 2)
the officer's commission card is in the possession of the security
officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a
letter of authorization to carry an assigned CHRISTUS Health
Security weapon while on duty to the officer.
- New hires in New Mexico who have completed the New Mexico
Private Investigations Advisory Board level three training
requirements must be eligible to process and obtain their security
commission prior to date of hire and; 1) the officer's commission
card is active 2) the officer's commission card is in the
possession of the security officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President
of Security has issued a letter of authorization to carry an
assigned CHRISTUS Health Security weapon while on duty to the
- New hires in Louisiana may not wear their weapon on duty until
they have completed 40 hours of training and the CHRISTUS Vice
President of Security has issued a letter of authorization to carry
a CHRISTUS Health Security assigned weapon while on duty to the
- Verbal De-escalation training must be completed within 60 days
- Must obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) within 60 days of hire
from the American Heart Association.
- Expandable Baton training, defensive tactics training, firearms
training, weapon qualification, and firearms retention training
must be completed prior to letter of authorization to carry is
- -IAHSS Basic Security Certification must be completed within
one year of full time employment.
- Successful completion of all pre-employment and post offer
assessments to include the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality
Inventory -2 (MMPI-2-RF-PCIR); the California Psychological
Inventory (CPI); the Police and Public Safety Selection Report
(PPSSR); the Personal Experience Inventory (PEI) and a clinical
interview by a third personal psychologist.
- Will be required to take random drug test screening.
- Valid Drivers' license
- The following FEMA Emergency Management Institute Courses must
be completed (online or in seat):
- IS - 100.c
- IS - 200.b
- IS - 230.d
Work Type: -
Keywords: Christus Health, Beaumont , Security Officer Armed, Other , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!