Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Company: Indorama Ventures
Location: Port Neches
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Indorama Ventures is looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer
to join our Integrated Oxides and Derivatives team located in Port
Neches, Texas. In this role, you will be responsible for providing
both instrument and electrical engineering expertise to an assigned
area of the site. This position is to assure proper design, change
management, installation and repair of instrument and electrical
equipment according to regulatory and Indorama standards. This
position will be the focal point for all changes involving, but not
limited to; instrumentation, control valves, motors, switchgear,
motor control centers/starters and transformers. The Electrical
Maintenance Engineer will work closely with engineering,
maintenance, and operations to understand needs and requirements
and to provide a design and installation package. The Electrical
Maintenance Engineer is responsible for Management of Change (MOC)
for the assigned area, assist with turnaround scope development,
and initiating change requests during turnarounds for impacts to
instrumentation, valves, electrical equipment, motors, and the
What will be expected of you?
- Provide electrical and instrument technical support for
maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of site instrumentation,
control, electrical equipment, and systems.
- Participate in RCM Asset Management Plan (AMP) development and
stewards the implementation of the plan requirements.
- Provide PM development input, primarily through the RCM AMP
- Audit, and improve instrument and electrical equipment PM
programs to ensure the health and effectiveness of the systems
based on equipment failures, process changes and PM data.
- Provide support for T&I (turnaround) work scope
- Participate and/or lead in the investigation and follow-up
documentation of high impact or high potential impact
- Work with operating and maintenance engineers to make
recommendations to improve long term equipment operability,
reliability, energy efficiency, and maintenance expense.
- Assist with the site's bad actor program.
- Identify the site's bad actors based on a combination of
production loss and failure frequency. Drive the organization to
find true root cause and effective mitigations to systematically
eliminate bad actors.
- Provide resource and leadership guidance for instrumentation
and electrical systems as part of site investments and/or
- Provide in all phases of capital projects; (e.g. ensure project
complies with site standards, practices, and goals) power study
reviews, specification reviews, participation in HAZOP/DHR, provide
alternative selection/options with multiple solutions.
- Ensure projects are designed for maintainability and
- Assist in set up of spare parts as required.
- Provide capital and expense project ideas based on reliability
analysis and feedback from operations and other site
- Provide early input on project maintainability and reliability
considerations to ensure major scope is not missed during project
- Provide capital investment and expense project ideas based on
reliability analysis and feedback from operations and other site
- Interface with diverse groups including instrument technicians,
electrical technicians, process operators and engineers, rotating
equipment specialist and engineers, process control engineers and
maintenance/operation team leaders.
- Provide support as a facilitator for problem analysis, risk
assessment, root cause analysis, etc. for very critical equipment
failures where the failure root cause is not well understood or
there are multiple options for resolution without a clear leading
- Presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to
work extra hours if needed to ensure required staffing capacity to
meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different
backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assist other employees in accomplishments of Indorama company
goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be
assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as
set forth by the company.
- Participate in and completes company required training
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- BS Electrical Engineering, or equivalent and 5 years I&E
Maintenance or Reliability experience preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and
- Knowledge of control systems including control valves,
transmitters, pneumatic and electronic instrumentation, PLC/DCS,
- Basic understanding of engineering, purchasing, accounting and
construction practices and maintenance workflows.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Willing and able to learn on the job.
- Knowledge of risk-based work prioritization methodology.
- Knowledge of economic evaluation methods (Life-Cycle Cost
Analysis, NPV, Benefit/Cost).
- Knowledge in Reliability Centered Maintenance or some form of
Asset Management Plan Development is desired.
What can we offer you?
Indorama Ventures Oxides & Derivatives is a leading chemical
intermediates and surfactants producer with a diverse range of
products in growth markets such as home & personal care,
agrochemicals, oilfield technologies, fuel & lube additives and
more. The successful candidate will receive a competitive
compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive
benefits package which includes medical, vision and dental, basic
life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an
impact and make a difference. Come join us!
Keywords: Indorama Ventures, Beaumont , Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Other , Port Neches, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!