Light Equipment Operator - Jasper
Company: CRH Plc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job ID: 360556
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company
and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas
Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer
in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing
Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees
The Equipment Operator is responsible for operating a variety of
equipment for groundwork and construction purposes. The career
field for "Equipment Operator" includes, but may not be limited to,
the following positions: Equipment Operator (Grade and Pave Crew),
Light Equipment Operator, Roller Operator (Self-Propelled, Asphalt,
Other than Asphalt), Motor Grader Operator (Rough Grade), Concrete
Grinder/Milling Machine Operator, Backhoe Operator, Bobcat
Operator, Bulldozer/Push Dozer Operator, Concrete Finishing Machine
Operator, Asphalt Paver Machine Operator.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Operate light equipment of various sizes and weights, safely and
* Follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe
working procedures and environment.
* Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety
Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
* Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project or jobsite.
* Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major
problems to the supervisor.
* Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate
documentation in compliance with company policies.
* Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper
operations, servicing, and repair of equipment to further their
* Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
* Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
* 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Must be 18 years in age or older.
* Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
* Must possess valid DOT Medical Card
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Must maintain current driver's license that meets state
requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible
hazmat and tanker endorsements.
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but
not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard
toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
* Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
* Knowledge in operating light equipment.
* Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in
* Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to light
equipment operations and construction sites.
* Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
* Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a
variety of working conditions.
* Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in
order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or
other project documents.
* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
* Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill
and the exercise of independent judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects
or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk
* May require sitting for extended periods of time.
* Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance,
peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
* Able to move/carry objects up to 50 lbs.
* Able to work in all weather conditions.
* While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or
* The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts;
high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of
electrical shock or burn.
* The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to
be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be
assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
CRH has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest
corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family
businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized
enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates with a
decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small
company environment while having the career opportunities of a
CRH is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding
challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Please complete your online application and profile which will be
sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your
interest in the CRH family!
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2022
Keywords: CRH Plc., Beaumont , Light Equipment Operator - Jasper, Other , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!