Company: Taylor Strategy Partners
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Overview Phathom Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company
focused on the development and commercialization of novel
treatments for gastrointestinal diseases and disorders. Phathom is
developing vonoprazan, a first-in-class potassium-competitive acid
blocker (PCAB). Vonoprazan-based regimens are approved in the U.S.
as part of a co-packaged product in combination with antibiotics
for the treatment of H. pylori infection in adults, marketed as
VOQUEZNA TRIPLE PAK (vonoprazan, amoxicillin, clarithromycin) and
VOQUEZNA DUAL PAK (vonoprazan, amoxicillin). Phathom has a New Drug
Application under review by the FDA for vonoprazan in erosive
esophagitis (EE) and is studying the use of vonoprazan for the
treatment of non-erosive reflux disease (NERD). We are a team of
highly driven professionals who are passionate in our mission to
address unmet needs for patients and improve their quality of life.
By ensuring all voices are heard, holding ourselves accountable to
be equitable and just, and authentically supporting the people and
communities impacted by our work, we strive to create a sense of
inclusion and belonging. Phathom is looking for self-motivated,
creative problem solvers who are excited by the idea of working in
a fast-paced environment and contributing to our growth.
Responsibilities The Territory Sales Representative has a
responsibility to meet and exceed sales objectives in their
assigned geography while in accordance with all applicable company
and regulatory standards. The territory sales representative will
work to understand and identify customer needs, aligning
appropriate resources and all pull through activities. The
territory sales representative will acquire advanced product and
disease state knowledge that allows for in-depth engagement with
all health care professionals. Reporting to the Regional Sales
Manager, this individual will launch the companies first ever
product calling on Gastroenterologists, Advanced Practice
Practitioners (APPs) and select Primary Care Physicians in assigned
territory to achieve sales goals. The territory sales
representative will work closely with peers, Regional Sales
Managers, and commercial colleagues to achieve territory, region,
and corporate goals. Responsibilities will include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Drives sales performance to ensure sales goals are met or
- Maintain advanced product and disease state expertise to
effectively engage Gastroenterologists, Primary Care Physicians,
APPs, and office-staff delivering clinically focused messages
introducing a new treatment option and overcoming objections.
- Continuously builds understanding of territory market dynamics
and market access opportunities accelerating pull through by
effectively communicating with HCPs and office staff.
- Works closely with Regional Sales Manager to effectively
develop territory business plans to achieve sales goals.
- Works with peers, marketing, training, and sales operations
driving operational execution and sharing best practices.
- Meets all administrative management responsibilities including
effective use of CRM, and expense reporting. Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 2 years or more of successful pharmaceutical sales experience
required; GI Specialty experience preferred
- Proven and consistent track record of success in sales
- Experience launching new products
- Demonstrated success leveraging all resources (marketing,
market access pull through and technology solutions).
- Proven business acumen and analytical expertise
- Builds professional relationships with office staff and others
in the customer network
- Demonstrated success in both live and virtual
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong technical skills, computer proficiency with Microsoft
Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint and digital meeting
platforms including Veeva Engage, Teams, Zoom etc.
- Valid driver's license and, safe driving record
- Some territory overnight travel may be required depending on
- Travel to national, regional, and corporate office may be
required Successful Behaviors
- Customer focused
- Ability to change customer behavior
- Drives results
- Strong clinical knowledge
- High emotional intelligence
- Communicates effectively
- Conducts themselves with the highest degree of ethics and
standards Phathom Core Values
- Perseverance - With hard work and determination, together we
overcome all obstacles
- Humble - We put others first, remain grounded and let our work
speak for itself
- Accountable - We are reliable and take personal responsibility
in all that we do. We take pride and ownership in our work every
- Transparent - We say what we mean, debate openly and
respectfully, and have no hidden agendas
- Entrepreneurial - We are nimble, agile and embrace innovation.
We challenge the status quo, enjoy change and approach problems
unconventionally Phathom is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to inclusion and diversity and provides equal opportunity
for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation
for any part of the application, interview, or hiring process can
contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Taylor Strategy Partners, Beaumont , Sales Representative, Other , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!