Civil/Structural Engineer IV
Company: Hargrove Engineers + Constructors
Posted on: November 22, 2022
The Civil/Structural Engineer IV is generally responsible for
performing all aspects for complete design of complex
civil/structural engineering assignments. Work at this level
requires extensive progressive experience in civil/structural
engineering and involves applying advanced engineering techniques
and analysis. This work will be performed under general
supervision.Primary responsibilities will include but not be
- Familiarity with and utilizing department design and drafting
- Familiarity with project scope, specifications and design
criteria upon assignment to a project task team.
- Developing conceptual layouts and cost studies as necessary to
determine the simplest, most efficient approach to solving
engineering tasks at hand.
- Producing estimate level preliminary designs and material
take-offs suitable for the level of the estimate being performed on
- Producing detail design calculations and sketches for materials
of construction associated with the project. Calculations produced
will be neatly prepared and organized for efficient checking by
others and efficient use by drafters/designers for preparing
drawings and as a deliverable when required.
- Producing designs with efficient use of construction materials
with an overall emphasis on ease of construction and completed
product meeting the expectations of the client.
- Checking calculations made by other engineers to ensure
accuracy, conformance to codes, specifications, design criteria and
conformance to good engineering practice.
- Assisting the drafting group in resolving routine layout and
detailing problems. Responsibility to furnish sufficient sketches
and details necessary for completion of engineering drawings.
- Consulting with design leaders from other disciplines to ensure
the smooth flow of vital information necessary for the scheduled
completion of the project.
- Advising the senior engineer concerning design or scope
changes, which have been identified.
- Assisting other engineers in developing and assembling scopes,
drawings and specifications into a "package", enabling
civil/structural purchase inquiries to be issued for procurement of
materials or subcontract pricing.
- Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline
drawings for civil/structural input.
- Developing construction specifications.
- Reviewing fabrication drawings and other construction
submittals for conformance to engineering drawings and
- Performing fieldwork necessary to gather field data, check
tie-ins and provide construction support.
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced drafting and
engineering personnel in the department.
- Ability to lead small to large size teams in coordinating
civil/structural efforts and keeping the team focused on scope,
schedule and budget.
- Ability to identify and develop work sharing packages for
interoffice execution support. Provide leadership to ensure
communication and execution of work within scope, schedule and
- Estimating and scheduling professional service hours and
assessing the progress and quality of civil/structural work.
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering from
an accredited university is required. - Structural coursework is
required for structural engineering positions.
- Professional Engineering registration is highly preferred.
- Requires 6+ years of relevant industrial experience in
- Knowledge and application of the International Building Code
and associated standards (ASCE, AISC, ACI, etc.)
- Expertise with civil/structural analysis software including
operating and interpreting results.
- Knowledge of the discipline specific methods, practices and
techniques required to engineer, design and construct process and
- Able to lead a small to large team to deliver on
- Able to deliver convincing presentations of Hargrove Engineers
+ Constructors services.
- Working knowledge of CAD software, either AutoCAD, Microstation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Virtual team skills and cross divisional relationships are
developed, and able to provide interoffice execution leadership and
support. - -
Keywords: Hargrove Engineers + Constructors, Beaumont , Civil/Structural Engineer IV, Other , Nederland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!