Asphalt Truck Operator-Beaumont
Company: CRH Plc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job ID: 480093
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 2,000 employees statewide.
An Asphalt Distributor Operator consists of operating an asphalt distributor truck by applying specialize emulsions such as (AC-15P, AC-20XP, AC-10-2TR, AC-20-5TR, RC-250, CRS-2, CRS-2P, and others not mentioned) to roadways, which are then covered by a chip spreader or applying liquid asphalt such as (AE-P, MC-30, EC-30, NTSS-1HM, and others not mentioned) prior to an area being paved. In addition, the operator may be required to perform minor repairs to the equipment and is expected to assist in the general operation of each job site.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Understand and execute paving procedures while following instructions to meet the standards of the project
* Drives and operates distributor truck equipped with tank to spray liquid asphalt/ emulsions on road surfaces
* Connects hose from storage tank to truck tank and moves lever to fill pressure tank with asphalt liquid
* Regulate burners to heat liquid and start auxiliary pump
* Snap or screw on spray bars to attain required width of spray
* Turn valve to regulate flow of material at specified rate and adjust levers to adjust height of spray bar from road surface
* Monitor flow gages, tachometer and temperature gauge to insure uniform distribution
* Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections for leaks and damage to machine before operation
* Responsible for daily maintenance of equipment to remain in proper and safe working order and keep vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
* Responsible for notifying supervisor if equipment needs to be repaired
* Shifts may vary according to project demands
* Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
* Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
* Responsible for proper cleaning of truck tips and bar after each use and prior to placing different material in tank.
* Follow directions of supervisor as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site and Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
* Shovel dirt, stone, asphalt or any other materials depending up the job site
* May perform duties such as TMA driver, water truck driver, flagman for traffic control, shovel dirt, stone, asphalt or any other materials if needed. Other duties as may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
* Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
* CDL Class A or B with Tanker and Air Brakes and Haz Mat are required.
* Prior experience handling distributor truck.
* Must be 18 years in age or older.
* Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
* MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Must maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
* Willing to train employees who may not have driving experience must currently maintain a CDL A or CDL B license.
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
* Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
* Thorough operational knowledge and skills of trucks and related equipment to be operated.
* Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
* Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail.
* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
* Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
* Must be familiar with securing heavy equipment and other over dimensional loads.
* Ability to professionally interact with customers, collect payments and assist with issues that may arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent lifting of extensions chutes, stretching, sitting/driving, shifting gears, and covering/uncovering load when applicable.
* Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
* May require sitting for extended periods of time.
* Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to focus.
* Must be able to lift hood of truck unassisted; up to 50 lbs. on an on-going basis.
* Able to climb in and out of truck 3-4 steps (elevated 4+ feet into cab). (Could be in and out of truck 20-30 times per day).
* Able to work in all weather conditions.
* While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
* The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Mar 8, 2023
Job ID: 480093
Keywords: CRH Plc., Beaumont , Asphalt Truck Operator-Beaumont, Other , Beaumont, Texas
here to apply!