Posted on: September 13, 2018
Job Title:Benefits AdministratorReports To: Manager, Benefits and Retirement Plans Location: Parsippany, NJ or Beaumont, TX, Chemtrade OfficeRole:SalariedSCOPE OF POSITIONThis position is responsible for supporting the day to day administration of all benefit and retirement programs, including retiree benefits for North America (US and Canada). Provide expert advice and customer service on benefit queries and supports the effective communication of the benefit and wellness programs. Responsible for data management and process improvements. Coordinate with the Manager, Benefits& Retirement Plans to ensure all benefit programs are compliant with contracts and legislation and are in line with the Chemtrade's objectives and culture. This position will also assist the Manager, Benefits& Retirement Programs on other projects as they arise.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for accurate data entry of benefits into the HR system and vendor systems for Canadian and US benefits.
- Responsible for the administration of Disability claims, return to work and FMLA processing. Work proactively with the vendors (Homewood, Cigna, WMC) to ensure all documentation is in order and processed in a timely fashion
- Facilitate COBRA enrollment.
- Liaise between employee/retiree and benefits carriers when an issue arises with employee benefits.
- Work closely with the HRIS team and providers to administer the Annual Open Enrollment for US benefits
- Primary point of contact for all Wellness initiatives and communication.
- Receive and arrange for payment of all benefit and pension monthly billings. Ensure payments are current, on time and accurate.
- Audit benefits invoices to ensure all employee changes have been entered into providers' systems and are accurately reflected on invoices.
- Maintain Insurance contracts and Retirement Plan documentation.
- Coordinate employee education meetings.
- Support site HR administrators and HRBPs and fill in as Site Admin for locations with vacancies
- Assist Payroll dept. with payroll discrepancies and Ultipro reporting Issues related to Benefits and retirement plans
- Assist with annual Benefit Plan audit; support audit request and act as a liaison with vendors to collect data. REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of Undergraduate University Degree, Community College Diploma or equivalent business experiences
- Minimum 2 years in a benefit administration role for US benefits
- Expert knowledge of Excel and some proficiency in HRIS systems required
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work with customers to address issues in all functional HR areas
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to maintain calm in a fast paced environment
- Strong administration, organizational, planning and time management skills
- Possess high quality communication and written skills to maintain and create documentation for configuration and support.
- Knowledge of Canadian benefits an asset.
- Knowledge of DC/DB Pension plans an asset. COMPANY OVERVIEWPEOPLE FIRST!By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. We offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities for professional development. At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, paid vacation and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. Employee engagement is not just something we talk about at Chemtrade, but fulfilled through exciting programs like Employee Recognition and Rewards (CHEers!), and Chemtrade University.Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction amongst employees within and throughout different departments and locations. We treat our employees with fairness and equity. We value diversity, recognize the benefits of an inclusive work environment and pride ourselves on our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees and the communities we work in through Responsible Care--.Chemtrade is one of the world's largest suppliers of sulphuric acid, liquid sulphur dioxide (SO2) and sodium hydrosulphite (SHS), and a leading processor of spent sulphuric acid. Chemtrade is also a leading regional supplier of sulphur and sodium chlorate, one of only two North American producers of phosphorous pentasulphide and also produces zinc oxide and water treatment chemicals. Chemtrade obtains these products from its own production facilities and through long-term marketing services agreements and distributes them to customers around the world. In January 2014, Chemtrade acquired General Chemical, a leader in water chemicals with nearly 50 North American production facilities. Chemtrade manufactures a broad line of organic and inorganic chemicals for a wide variety of industries and applications. Our products include aluminum sulfate, aluminum chlorohydrate, and ferric sulfate for water treatment applications. We stand behind our products with solid technical support. We are one of the leading producers across every business we service.Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities #chemtrade123 #Zip #LI-POSTThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CHEMTRADE, Beaumont , Benefits Administrator, Other , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!