Temporary Bilingual Safety Coordinator
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 6, 2018
Under the direction of the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager, the Safety Coordinator assists with administration of the company safety program to ensure safe working conditions and compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations. This involves conducting training and orientation, assisting with workers compensation administration, maintaining required OSHA documentation, and promoting engagement in company safety programs.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Assists with audits of plant facilities regulated under MSHA, OSHA, General Industry and Construction Standards.
- Prepares reports and maintains safety files and documentation, records and training database. Monitors training database for expiration of training dates, assist with scheduling training.
- Teach defensive driving course to employees authorized to drive company vehicles.
- Assists in preparing all notices required by OSHA, MSHA and other agencies.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating, and distribution of safety related programs, including calculations for the safety incentive program.
- Oversee and conduct new employee safety orientation, employee training certifications, classroom training, practical hands-on training.
- Conduct job site safety inspections including specified areas for fire-prevention equipment and other safety and first-aid supplies.
- Vehicle tracking, including DL/background checks. Gather and track DOT information.
- Organize and assist in conducting weekly toolbox talks and monthly safety training.
- Oversee plant and roadway incident investigations and document all accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions/activities to find root cause and make recommendations for improvement. Work with Human Resources as necessary to assure corrective actions are implemented on a timely basis.
- Oversee, evaluate, and continuously improve the company safety program to achieve and maintain our zero-harm goal, ensure compliance with occupational safety and health policies and regulations, and reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses.
- Assists with workers- compensation claims, assuring all documentation/injury forms are received timely and sent to company insurance carrier per their requirements.
- Observes workers to determine use of prescribed safety equipment, such as glasses, hard hats, goggles, respirators, clothing and other PPE.
- Maintain environmental health and safety systems with current data, ensure policies and training are current.
- Provide environmental, health and safety support to supervisors and EHS Manager.
- Prepare meeting materials and plan/organize safety functions/meetings.
- Coordinate activities including safety committees, employee-led safety initiatives, safety improvement project teams, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the EHS Manager.
Services--, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100--- companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Beaumont , Temporary Bilingual Safety Coordinator, Other , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!