Company: Air Liquide USA
Posted on: January 14, 2020
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and
Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately
66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and
patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of
the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's
ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term
performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Large Industries provides our customers with industrial
gas and energy solutions that are vital to their own industrial
production. We own and operate over 2,000 miles of industrial gas
pipelines in the U.S. supplying mainly oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen
and syngas in large quantities from multiple production sources to
major customers in the chemicals, petrochemicals, refining and
steel industries. Our pipeline operations and industrial gas
production facilities are closely monitored 24/7 within our
leading-edge operations control center located in Houston, Texas.
Our operations control group monitors over 89,000 data points and
assists with product supply and coordination. We are constantly
optimizing our supply network to provide high reliability and
energy efficiencies allowing Air Liquide to adjust supply needs
more quickly and effectively enabling growth to our customers.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and
must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This
position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
* Support, complete, maintain, and instill corporate Health, Safety
and Environmental policies/procedures, relevant documentation at
the facility in operating/maintaining responsibility for a safe,
efficient and environmentally friendly facility.
* Demonstrate identified skill sets in daily operational duties as
well as actively pursuing own growth/career development through
self-initiative practices; work with resources made available as
coordinated with supervisor.
* Participate in operational/routine maintenance tasks within
facility work group without interruption of customer product
* Foster open communication among all facility technicians in
relation to best practices, operational/facility needs, safety
issues/concerns, conflicts of interest between shifts/other
departments; share operational knowledge/expertise.
* Assist/work closely with lead production technician or plant
manager with daily facility needs.
* Ensure accurate/complete work order generation.
* Determine if immediate maintenance action is required; document
it; report to appropriate personnel.
* Identify potential needs; enter them into CMMS.
* Study/maintain site-specific standard operating procedures,
P&IDs, PFDs, all other technical documentation as relates to
* Calibrate all plant process analytical equipment.
* Keep accurate records; be diligent in documentation/record
* Conduct acceptance PSSR reviews with operations/maintenance.
* Innovations/improvement project involvement.
* Generate initial documentation for on-site contractor, vendor,
guest, visitor site-specific training needs.
* Escort on-site contractors, vendors, guests, visitors throughout
facility as needed; ensure their compliance with national safety
* Active participation in facility safety meetings,
* Instill safety in others by being safety minded; model good
safety practices; work safely in all situations.
* Load & Unload cryogenic transports and railcars as necessary.
* Follow policies/procedures on proper notification for vacation
scheduling, floating holidays, personal days off.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* 2+ years of technical training or operations experience
* Ability to use computers-knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Ability to work in a team environment; demonstrated self
* Demonstrates ability to communicate with both written/spoken
English at the 12th grade level
* Good verbal/written communication skills in order to deal
effectively with management and external customers
* Knowledge/understanding of instrumentation, rotating equipment
and piping systems
* Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants
(Process Safety Management, EPA regulations, FDA regulations,
* Knowledge in the proper methods of locking out and isolating
* Qualified in operation of the forklift, man lift and overhead
crane is preferred
* Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and
* Ability to work extended hours/shift work as business needs
* Ability to work nights, weekends and possibly holidays in order
to meet shift and on-call requirements
Keywords: Air Liquide USA, Beaumont , Production Technician, Professions , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!