Material Handler - CW
Company: Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Contract type - Regular / Permanent
WHO WE ARE
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Operate / tend to our warehouse, rack, raw and finished goods. This includes loading and unloading trucks, moving inventory via forklift and filling drums/totes with chemicals.
1. Serves as primary Material Handler for inbound material put away
2. Communicates timely with warehouse leadership, production department Leadership and Quality teams if any inventory issues arise
3. Pulls material required for production orders, customer sales orders, and miscellaneous material in an accurate and timely fashion
4. Reviews, assigns, and issues production orders in accordance with customer's needs
5. Receives, counts, identifies lots sizes, and verifies incoming material from vendors, material from completed shop orders, and miscellaneous material returned to the stockroom or warehouse and places all material and supplies received in their appropriate location
6. Responsible for control and accuracy of material and inventory records using either manual or computer systems
7. Communicate and coordinate material status information with planner for manufacturing and between all manufacturing departments for customer shipments
8. Observe all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) policies and procedures, including housekeeping practices and participation in EHS meetings, investigations, and audits
9. Perform tasks in accordance with quality, DOT and hazardous waste requirements when loading and unloading trucks, understanding emergency response procedures in the event of a spill
10. May be required to be available for emergency call-in, depending on department
11. Gauge tank levels, using calibrated rods.
12. Defrost frozen valves, using steam hoses.
Performs any additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Lead and/or Manager
Minimum one-year experience working in a warehouse
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
High School Diploma/GED
Two years of experience working in a warehouse
Experience with SAP
Trained to operate fork truck in manufacturing area
Keywords: Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions, Beaumont , Material Handler - CW, Professions , Beaumont, Texas
here to apply!