Truck Driver-CDL/Heavy Haul
Company: Deep South Crane and Rigging
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job DescriptionDeep South Crane & Rigging, LLC is accepting applications for Over the Road Heavy Haul Truck Drivers for our Beaumont office.Deep South Crane & Rigging, LLC has been a leader in the heavy-lift and heavy-haul businesses since the 1980’s. Family-owned and operated, we specialize in planning and executing rigging and lifting projects that other companies would call infeasible or impossible. Our corporate office is in Baton Rouge, LA with other offices located in Lake Charles, LA, DeQuincy, LA, Beaumont, TX, Houston, TX, and Westville, IN.We offer excellent an excellent salary and benefits package.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely operate commercial motor vehicles and other equipment at Company terminals and client job sites. Driving will vary between long and short distances.
- Assist other employees with the loading and unloading of cargo.
- Assist other employees with other assigned tasks related to Company business.
- Actively participate in JSA creation/implementation and vehicle inspections.
- Participate in Company safety processes, programs, and meetings.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Company management and supervision.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:This position will require an individual to pass DOT physical qualification requirements for CDL drivers and requires an individual to be able to sit for long periods of time, work on their feet, climb ladders, lift and move objects weighing less than (50) fifty pounds, work with their hands, and have the ability and strength to handle heavy chains and straps. This position will require the ability to work long periods of physical exertion. The employee must also be able to work at elevations of 0” to 8’ above grade.PPE REQUIREMENTS:The individual will be required to utilize standard shop and yard related PPE including gloves, hard hat, safety glasses, fire-retardant clothing, ear plugs, and high-visibility clothing. The individual, from time-to-time, may be required to be trained and use additional PPE as assigned tasks require.REPORTING DUTIES:This position reports to the Company dispatcher and to Company field supervision at times. This position also works under the supervision of the Terminal Management and other Company supervisors.QUALIFICATIONS:Required:
- A minimum of three years of experience as a CDL driver
- Heavy haul and/or flatbed trailer experience
- Current CDL status
- Good driving history
- Ability to pass hair and urine drug testing and background check
- Ability to work overtime and travel overnight as neededCompany DescriptionDeep South Crane & Rigging, LLC has been a leader in the heavy-lift and heavy-haul businesses since the 1980s. Family owned and operated, we specialize in planning and executing rigging and lifting projects that other companies would call infeasible or impossible. This is made possible in part by the in-house design and manufacturing of our own specialty crane line, VersaCrane, with models ranging from 750 to 2500 tons in capacity. These cranes are specifically designed to work in the tight confines of the petrochemical and power generation industries. This VersaCrane line is exclusive to Deep South, giving us a competitive edge. Along with the VersaCrane line, Deep South owns and operates a variety of other cranes from manufacturers such as Liebherr, Terex-Demag, and Tadano. This gives the personnel at Deep South a wide selection of equipment to design a solution that best fits the clients needs. In addition to rigging and lifting operations, Deep South also operates a full line of specialized transportation equipment allowing Deep South to provide clients with complete turn-key services.We offer an excellent salary and benefits package.
Keywords: Deep South Crane and Rigging, Beaumont , Truck Driver-CDL/Heavy Haul, Professions , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!