Instrument Electrical Engineer Job
Posted on: February 12, 2019
Req Id 30457 - Posted 02/05/2019 - Engineering & Technology - Beaumont. Texas. US
The Beaumont Plant is located in Southeast Texas about 30 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexivo and is about one hour drive east of Houston. Our facility is responsible for the production of methyl mercaptan, ethyl mercaptan, dimethly sulfide (DMS) and methylmercaptoproprionaldehyde (MMP).
Arkema Inc. is actively recruiting for an I&E Engineer to support our Beaumont facility. This position reports directly to the Reliability Engineering & Projects Manager and has no direct reports.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Provide technical support as it pertains to DCS and PLC System Administration - Maintenance, Troubleshooting and Projects.
* Provide support for Instrument and Electrical Engineering Project Design and Construction.
* Capital project management for Instrument, Analyzer, Communication systems, Security systems, Local PLC systems, Utility Instrument systems (such as Firewater, Deluge, Product/Raw Material Storage etc.).
* Support day-to-day technical troubleshooting efforts to Production, Maintenance and Reliability as needed.
* Ensures that the instrument scope is well defined and meets the business needs in a cost-effective manner.
* Apply knowledge of industry standards for instrumentation and applicable engineering codes.
* Ability to work with all levels organization.
* Mentors and trains Operators on our DCS supporting controls systems.
* Provide technical support to training, safety and day-to-day troubleshooting efforts.
* Participate in project commissioning and startup activities, including assisting in tuning of control loops.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required.
* 3+ years' experience preferred.
* Instrumentation project engineering design experience preferred.
* Familiarity with project management, electronics, logic design, computer programming, chemistry and fluid mechanic.
* Understanding of the function of many types of instruments/sensors/online analytic equipment in process plants.
* Understanding of third party devices and setup interfacing with DCS (PLC, microcomputers, etc.).
* High attention to detail and work ethic.
* Ability to deliver in multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrates initiative, personal drive and accountability.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans High Performance Materials, Industrial Specialties and Coating Solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.3 billion in 2017, we employ around 20,000 people worldwide and operate in some 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Keywords: Arkema, Beaumont , Instrument Electrical Engineer Job, Professions , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!