Senior Production Engineer Job
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Req Id 30270 - Posted 11/29/2018 - Engineering & Technology - Beaumont. Texas. US
Arkema Inc. is actively recruiting for a Senior Production Engineer to support our Beaumont facility. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager and will provide technical support to the Operations team. This position requires direct interaction with other departmental managers and staff positions to exchange information and ideas directly related to the success of the Beaumont Plant and our business group. The Beaumont Site provides a unique culture and the successful candidate will be part of cross-functional teams and other initiatives that will aide in Operational improvements for our facility.
Responsibilites include, but are not limited to:
* Ensuring optimal production and process enhancements of the following products at the Beaumont plant: Methyl Mercaptan, Ethyl Mercaptan, Dimethyl Sulfide, Dimethyl Disulfide, Hydrogen Sulfide, Acrolein and MMP.
* Supporting and assisting in the training of Operations personnel and other staff in technical issues.
* Responsible for the calculation of and evaluation of raw material consumption and production data for the Beaumont Plant.
* Responsible for the historization of plant process data, process control optimization, and interpretation of process conditions.
* Ensure that permit compliance data and new permit applications are reviewed and are consistent with best engineering practices.
* Support full compliance of all Safety related regulatory requirements including: OSHA, PSM, RMP and Company Policies and programs. Ensure that timely response of technical review is completed for incident investigations and action items developed and implemented.
* Maximize operational efficiency and continously identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement. Support Plant initiatives for new product development, Process Technology Projects, and debottlenecking efforts. Provide assistance to Operations during plant turnarounds, emergency operations and any other time technical assistance is required. Ensure production accounting data are timely and accurate.
Job qualifications and requirements:
* BS Chemical Engineering from an accredited university.
* Minimum 7 years experience in a Process Engineer role in a Chemical plant setting.
* Ability to understand and troubleshoot chemical processing to achieve production goals.
* Excellent writing/verbal and presentation skills are imperative to convey interpretations of process data and recommendations for improvement.
* Demonstrates ownership, attention to details, time management and organization skills.
* Exhibits leadership skills and excellent communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate with different disciplines.
* Strong work ethic and the ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver concrete project deliverables in a timely manner.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans High Performance Materials, Industrial Specialties and Coating Solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.3 billion in 2017, we employ around 20,000 people worldwide and operate in some 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Keywords: Arkema, Beaumont , Senior Production Engineer Job, Professions , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!