Posted on: July 7, 2019
Location: Beaumont, TX
Reports to: Operations Manager
SCOPE OF POSITION
To provide competent, professional chemical engineering support for
the Operations Department. The Production Engineer will identify
and implement improvements in the following areas: safety,
environmental compliance, process reliability, process
troubleshooting, and cost reduction. The production Engineer may
assume the responsibilities of the Operations Manager, or the
Operations First Line Supervisor in their absence.
- Set production rates and raw material requirements
- Evaluate current production activities and makes recommendation
- Troubleshoots process operating problems. Determines the nature
of the operating problem and contributes to finding solutions
- Investigates and implements process efficiency improvements-Raw
Material Yields, Energy Consumption, Utility usage, etc.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and update SOPs as
- Leader in the execution of the Management of Change Process -
- Participation and leadership as required for Process Hazard
- Reporting of incidents- Flash Reports
- Lead incident investigations and identify root cause
- Timely closure of all assigned action items- IMS
- Participation in all internal and external compliance
- Environmental permit compliance- Air& TPDES
- Air permit monitoring system- VCEMS
- Process input into environmental reports - semi-annual
deviation report, etc.
- Participates in or leads plant safety activities such as safety
audits, housekeeping audits, Job Safety Analysis (JSAs), etc.
- Competent in the Safe Work Permit (SWP) process- Safe Work,
Hot, and Confined Space Permits, etc.
- On-call supervisor rotation. Responds to safety / environmental
issues, and production problems during off hours and weekends as
- Provides training and guidance to team members
- Specifies material requirements for new or modified process
- BS Chemical Engineering
- 5-8 years of Chemical Plant, Refinery, or Paper Mill
- Process Safety Management Experience a plus
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a
vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and
continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work
atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to
be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values
(Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers)
and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and
the communities we work in through Responsible Care--.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between
employees within and throughout our 70+ locations. We expect all
employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is
at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their
commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of
programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very
competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental,
and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables
employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We
offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! for employee recognition,
referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and
development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical
manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than
half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our
4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence,
Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while
maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North
America and Brazil, Chemtradeoperates a diversified business
providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in
three main business segments; Sulphur& Performance Chemicals, Water
Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry
partners to the Oil& Gas,Pulp& Paper, Water Treatment, Food&
Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to
meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents
of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices
and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with
#LI - POST
Keywords: CHEMTRADE, Beaumont , Production Engineer, Professions , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!