Senior Production Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: September 8, 2019
The Senior Production Engineer primarily applies principles,
knowledge and practices of Process Engineering and Operations for
timely identification, analysis and resolution of process related
issues to ensure safe, reliable and cost-efficient plant
operations. Utilize current and new industry developments in
Operations Management to improve plant performance and reliability.
Support the Plant Superintendent and Process Engineering Managerin
the oversight of the Plant Operations and make recommendations for
the improvement of the Operating Procedures and Practices.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions and
- Continuously assess the appropriate plant/process monitoring
and optimization systems and provide recommendations for
- Provide support in the oversight of the day to day operations
of the Plant and make recommendations to the Plant Superintendent
to address any issues identified.
- Routinely review operating parameters with the Process
Engineering Team with an aim to making recommendations for
operating improvements or corrections.
- Apply best practices in Operations Management to new situations
and recommend to the Operations team, solutions to problems that
- Provide Technical assistance/support to the Operations and
Process Engineering Teams.
- Participate in and at times lead incident investigation teams
for troubleshooting and determining root cause of plant
- Review and recommend changes to the plant cause and effect
matrix to improve plant reliability and protect plant assets.
- Develop plant modifications for projects within all degrees of
- Understand and comply with the Management of Change (MOC)
- Participate in What Ifs and HAZOP studies.
- Be up-to-date with and apply state of the art
developments/technologies applicable to the methanol industry, as
- Provide necessary support to guide the timing of plant
shutdowns and turnarounds.
- Provide expertise on plant shutdown and turnaround activities
planning and execution phases.
- Identify projects, supported with written justification, for
inclusion in capital expenditure budgets.
- Recommend and guide in the development of special operating
procedures e.g. catalyst reduction, resin change-out, refractory
- Provide support in the development and review of Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Live up to the key values of the Organization and act
accordingly during the whole life cycle of our human assets.
- Present a professional image at all times to co-workers,
clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the
- Be aware and comply with Human Resources policies and
- Actively seek and pursue development of skills needed to
progress in the field of engineering and
- Support and promote a pro-active HSSE culture within the
Organization and develop leadership skills in HSSE.
- Ensure and improve effective HSSE management.
- Ensure all HSSE systems and procedures are adhered to.
- Perform compliance audits, as required, and take appropriate
action to correct non-compliance and reinforce positive
- Provide process engineering support to the Operations Team in
the development of guidelines to ensure plant and equipment are
operated in a manner that poses no threat to the environment.
- Provide technical support to the Operations Team in the
management of the containment and clean-up of spills, ensuring
proper handling and disposal of hazardous substances.
- Ensure and improve effective Incident Management Response.
- Ensure all incidents are promptly reported, participate in
investigations as necessary and complete assigned tasks within the
- Ensure and improve effective Asset Management.
- Provide engineering support to the Operations Team in the
development and routine review of guidelines and procedures to
ensure Plant and equipment are operated within design limits.
- Provide process engineering support to assess abnormal Plant
conditions and develop guidelines to mitigate and manage these
- Support full compliance to HSSE related legislation &
regulations, corporate requirements and management system(s) (i.e.
operating policies and procedures).
- Assist other Departments and other administrative personnel as
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
- None required.
Education, Experience, and/or Training
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Minimum of Ten (10) years experience in Process Engineering or
Operations in a Process Plant is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Engineering and Technology Knowledge of the practical
application of engineering science and technology. This includes
applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the
design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing Knowledge of raw materials,
production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques
for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of
- Complex Problem Solving identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
- Critical Thinking using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making Considering the relative costs and
benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Systems Evaluation Identifying measures or indicators of system
performance and the actions needed to improve or correct
performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and
- Proficiency in Distributed Control Systems, Yokogawa experience
is a plus.
- Majority of work is performed within an office environment,
including office equipment such as computers, telephones and
- Requires passing by industrial equipment on way to office.
- Noise levels are typically moderate.
- May require exposure to field.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Beaumont , Senior Production Engineer, Professions , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!