Circulating RN - Beaumont, Texas - OR Circulate
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Circulating RN - Beaumont, TexasPURPOSE AND SCOPE:Provides
nursing care to the patient during pre, intra, and post-operative
phases. Assists physicians by giving moderate sedation and has the
knowledge and experience with medications used and the skills to
assess, interpret and intervene in the event of complications.
Serves as a patient's advocate and responses to patient
inquiries.-- -- PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the goals and objectives of the facility, participates
in programs directed toward patient and staff safety, risk
management and quality management; respond to emergency situations
with competence and composure.
- Participates in primary care of patients as indicated to
enhance the quality of care provided; coordinates patient care
activities with medical staff and health care team members to
provide continuity of patient care; enforces the implementation of
nursing practice standards to provide quality patient care.
- Performs the circulating nurse's functions adhering to approved
Cath lab procedures (i.e. ensure equipment is functioning properly,
supplies and instruments are ready before starting procedures)
while maintaining patient safety.
- Provide moderate sedation to the patient while maintaining
- Accurately assess and interprets age-specific patient data and
responds to questions and instructions accordingly.
- Performs according to approved policies and procedures and
reports observed or suspected violations, hazards, and
- Evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes to identify
opportunities to improve performance and quality of care or seeks
further guidance, as needed.--
- Maintains and promotes professional competence through
continuing education and other learning experiences; attends and
actively participates in meetings, in-services, conferences,
quality management activities, according to job duties and facility
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient
- Perform other nursing duties as needed or required.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation.-- Equipment used can vary in complexity. Equipment aids
and/or coworkers may provide assistance.--
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with
assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5
feet.-- There is a two-person assist program and material assist
devices for the heavier items.
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and/or walking and the employee must be able to bend
- None------ EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Registered Nurse license required (active)
- ACLS/BLS certification required---------- EXPERIENCE AND
- 2 - 5 years' related experience or an equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in preoperative or critical care
- Experience in a cardiac cath lab preferred
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients, and
others------------------ EO/AA Employer:
Identity-- Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Beaumont , Circulating RN - Beaumont, Texas - OR Circulate, Healthcare , Beaumont, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...